seized brake piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seized brake piston

half way through replacing my brake pads and I've come across what appears to be a seized piston. On trying to apply a little brake pressure (gentle pump of pedal to see if piston will move the 2nd piston appears to have jammed. Anyone got any ideas on how to unseize either of them???? I'v tryed gentle perseuation using a large screwdiver as a lever across the top of the piston but to no avail......Help........

You wanna be VERY careful pressing the brake pedal with the pads out!!!
    But you' already done it, so I guess you knew to be careful.....

If you did only see one piston move, then I wouldn't be too surprised. The fluid will always take the path of least resistance...

I think I managed to force mine back in with a large screwdriver and a block of wood, but I had a g-clamp at the ready as well.
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by Homer24
      half way through replacing my brake pads and I've come across what appears to be a seized piston. On trying to apply a little brake pressure (gentle pump of pedal to see if piston will move the 2nd piston appears to have jammed. Anyone got any ideas on how to unseize either of them???? I'v tryed gentle perseuation using a large screwdiver as a lever across the top of the piston but to no avail......Help........
      had the same problem... i refitted the caliper with out the disc then put somthing in between the good pistons to stop them being pushed out and then put a few pumps on the break and it then popped the piston out i did this with all this pistons and removed the caliper and cleaned all the pistons and bores and seals then refitted although the bores would of benifitted from being honed... so may do this one day..
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Working...
      X