Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light on instrument panel

I hope some one can help me?
    I have a 1994 manual 4runner and there is a small light which is situated on the rev counter dial. In the last 2 weeks this has come on twice and has gone off after a couple of minutes. Could someone tell what this light relates to and the possible problems which would cause this light to come on.
    Thanks

Originally posted by want2be123
    I hope some one can help me?
    I have a 1994 manual 4runner and there is a small light which is situated on the rev counter dial. In the last 2 weeks this has come on twice and has gone off after a couple of minutes. Could someone tell what this light relates to and the possible problems which would cause this light to come on.
    Thanks
    does it have a symbol next to it that looks like an engine if so it is the engine check light. many things could cause it to come on. do a search for engine codes. Hope this helps
    Trust your Hound.

Comment

bridge te1 and e1 in the diagnostics port with a paperclip and if you have any fault codes stored with the ignition on , the light flashes so many times , pauses then flashes again , so if for instance 2 flashes pause 4 flashes , then if only 1 code is stored it repeats over and over , this = code 24

lots of error codes , test it and report back with what if any codes are stored. to reset the ecu back to default which may get rid of stored codes , un couple both batteries , press the brake pedal twice then wait 30 seconds .you may have to repair whats at fault first before clearing fault codes , by the sounds of it though , if you had something amiss the light would be constantly on , but its still worth checking it out imho .

Comment

Working...
      X