No announcement yet.

hand brake light on when accelerating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand brake light on when accelerating?

When I accelerate in a low gear, especially when going up hill, the hand brake light comes on and then goes off again when I ease off. Do you think this is a sensor issue, if so where is it and what can I do, or do you think the hand brake is actually being activated somehow?

Also, how much difference to ride height would changing tyres from 265.60.16 which are on there at the moment, to 275, 70, 16s, which is the size of the original spare make? Probably going to go for General Grbber AT's when the Micheline Mud and Snows have worn down.

you are probably a bit low on brake fluid.
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Yes, agreed.

Mine used to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by glutes
        When I accelerate in a low gear, especially when going up hill, the hand brake light comes on and then goes off again when I ease off. Do you think this is a sensor issue, if so where is it and what can I do, or do you think the hand brake is actually being activated somehow?

Also, how much difference to ride height would changing tyres from 265.60.16 which are on there at the moment, to 275, 70, 16s, which is the size of the original spare make? Probably going to go for General Grbber AT's when the Micheline Mud and Snows have worn down.

My old 2nd gen used to do this all the time. it would glow sometimes for a day or 2 and then not for a week. It would come and go as it pleased. I think its the sensor thats faulty on the reservoir. Remember the handbrake warning light is also your proper hydraulic brake warning light.
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Low brake fluid, possibly caused by very low pads, that's how I know when mine need replacing!
          Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
          X