Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creaking front suspension

HI Guys
    Well, I've found it. That thing that is wrong when you buy a new car but you didn't find with your exhaustive test drive/check over.

My new (to me) 3.0 KZN130 has got a creak in the front suspension. Only happens on full lock when there is significant suspension movement ie dropping off a curb, dabbing the brakes. I can only describe the sound as that of an old gate, slightly metalic, slightly spring like.....

Any suggestions on what this could be?

I hope its not going to be too expensive.

Cheers.....Rob

Originally posted by Robbers Dog
    HI Guys
    Well, I've found it. That thing that is wrong when you buy a new car but you didn't find with your exhaustive test drive/check over.

My new (to me) 3.0 KZN130 has got a creak in the front suspension. Only happens on full lock when there is significant suspension movement ie dropping off a curb, dabbing the brakes. I can only describe the sound as that of an old gate, slightly metalic, slightly spring like.....

Any suggestions on what this could be?

I hope its not going to be too expensive.

Cheers.....Rob

Full lock means its the steering stops that need a dab of grease and all will be silent. 20 second fix for you mate. Welcome to the club.
    Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

School boy error

So as soon as I posted my thread, I got this "similar items list at the bottom of the page. Consequence, I'm off to grease my steering/bump stops. What a great site. sorry for attack of newbie-itus

Comment

Originally posted by Robbers Dog
        So as soon as I posted my thread, I got this "similar items list at the bottom of the page. Consequence, I'm off to grease my steering/bump stops. What a great site. sorry for attack of newbie-itus

No problem m8. Have fun under there

Look forward to the pics of your truck appearing here very soon.

Al.
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

My 3.0 kz 96 surf also makes creaking sounds now .... whenever u hit uneven terrain even in straight line. What do u think is causing this.

Comment

Working...
          X