dash centre pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dash centre pod

Has anyone had any experience of removing the dash centre pod as i would like to change the dinosaur tape player to a nice singing dancing new cd unit evidently the old unit is secured from the back of the pod but on inspection i cannot find any screws or clips...anyone had experiance of this ??

Have a look here....

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

3rd Gen radio swap

To change the radio on a 3rd Gen you need to do the following -

1) Open the arm rest cubby hole between the seats and remove all the accumulated junk!
      2) Undo the 2 screws located in the bottom.
      3) Undo 2 screws located on either side of the transmission tunnel just below the oddments tray below the handbrake.
      4) Press the infamous red button and put the gear shift into D or 2.
      5 Lift the arm rest unit and move it back a couple of inches - this will enable you to move the trim around the 4wd and gear sticks.
      6) The next bit is tricky as you need to remove the heater controls facia without breaking it. Pull off the two control knobs. The facia then needs to be prised away. Either choose a warm day (fat chance!!) or use a hairdrier or a warm air paint stripper (with care) to warm the area. I then used a thin steel ruler from the passenger side to carefully prise the facia away. In my case it just popped out without any damage. (lucky!!)
      7) This then reveals 2 screws which hold the centre unit in place - undo these and then pull firmly towards you.
      8) The retaining screws for the radio are then revealed!!

Hope this helps.
      Keith

Comment

thanks for that matey ..i,ll get me screwdrivers out this weekend watch this space for when i cant put it back together

Comment

Working...
        X