New to the world of Surfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the world of Surfs

Hi everyone this is probably going to be the first of a hundred questions I am going to throw out there. I have just bought a Surf 3.0 SSR X, it drives like a dream, but when accelerating there is a whistle coming from the direction of the engine. Can somebody just put my mind at rest as to what this is?

hi sammy welcome to surfworld ,dont know a lot ,so want say what i think but im sure you'll get an answer soon,thinking out loud turbo??
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy dog
      Hi everyone this is probably going to be the first of a hundred questions I am going to throw out there. I have just bought a Surf 3.0 SSR X, it drives like a dream, but when accelerating there is a whistle coming from the direction of the engine. Can somebody just put my mind at rest as to what this is?
      Hello Sammy

That mate is your turbo, sounds good dont it, tell us a bit about you truck, colour, year, some pics are good.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Yup, it'll be the turbo - they all do that, sir. Hint - making the turbo whistle 'cos it sounds good will be noticed next time you have to fill the beast with diesel...

DAMHIK
        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

The turbo whistle (which can be mistaken for a distant police car) can be cured by turning up the stereo.

You see. We are really helpful. You will be glad you joined this forum.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

might be worth looking to see if it has an aftermarket airfilter ie- k&n or similar or possibly no air filter in at all . my guess would be the turbo too.

Comment

Working...
            X