1st very bad day with my new surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, your welcome.

I don't wish to be the bringer of bad news, but on my 2.4TD surf, that was exactly my symptoms, firstly when it had been run for a few mins, the expansion tank was kinda looking like a pint from my local, all head and no body; funny it was just as warm too!
    But that was the gasses from the cylinder leeching in to the water, it wasn't like bubbles, more like a white froth, that was constantly oozing out of the expansion pipe, but as soon as you started to move the car, the temp gauge just went up like a rocket, so if yours is not going crazy like that, maybe it isn't the head or the gasket as mine was.

Why can't people just be honest when selling a car, this is what I'd like to do with them

Comment

Originally posted by spans
      Hi, your welcome.

I don't wish to be the bringer of bad news, but on my 2.4TD surf, that was exactly my symptoms, firstly when it had been run for a few mins, the expansion tank was kinda looking like a pint from my local, all head and no body; funny it was just as warm too!
      But that was the gasses from the cylinder leeching in to the water, it wasn't like bubbles, more like a white froth, that was constantly oozing out of the expansion pipe, but as soon as you started to move the car, the temp gauge just went up like a rocket, so if yours is not going crazy like that, maybe it isn't the head or the gasket as mine was.

Why can't people just be honest when selling a car, this is what I'd like to do with them
      cos they are $$$$$$s m8
      im begining to think that $$$$ i bought mine off knew and managed to keep it from showing up
      the dosh is spent now so its a waste of time me worrying about it
      i have a smile factor of 7 at the minute and a watching for more problems factor of 3 si its getting better lol
      the thing is this is the place to be !!! its the best forum for motors ive seen anyway
      at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

its $$$$$$ ironic that i turned a lot of nicer 2.4s down for this one though eh!!

Oh well, not to worry, just gonna let my mate have next week whilst i lye on a hot beach with my phone off

On a lighter note I have a few real quick queries about some silly things.

- How do the front washers work? Cant seem to figure that out, can make the back work ok though.

- Is it ok to drive with the suspension set to hard? I suspect it needs new shocks all round cos in normal mode its a bit like being a captain of a big boat

- One last thing, how do the clips for the window defectors work, they've gotta go so I don't write it off at a junction. + they can help pay for the work thats gonna need doing on the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by jaydee
          its $$$$$$ ironic that i turned a lot of nicer 2.4s down for this one though eh!!

Oh well, not to worry, just gonna let my mate have next week whilst i lye on a hot beach with my phone off

On a lighter note I have a few real quick queries about some silly things.

- How do the front washers work? Cant seem to figure that out, can make the back work ok though.

- Is it ok to drive with the suspension set to hard? I suspect it needs new shocks all round cos in normal mode its a bit like being a captain of a big boat

- One last thing, how do the clips for the window defectors work, they've gotta go so I don't write it off at a junction. + they can help pay for the work thats gonna need doing on the engine.
          the front washers work by pressing the end of the wiper lever and yes its ok to drive on hard suspension all the time
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

you might find that the suspension is aftermarket anyway so the switch will do naff all.
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

UPDATE
              --------

Well my mate has had the surf for the day and he reckons its all down to the radiator being knackered.

I didnt notice but the rad was hot at the top and the bottom but not anywhere else, which he quite rightly suggests means that the water is not flowing through it, causing the coolant to boil

So hopefully with a new rad on she'll be up and running, fingers crossed

Comment

i do hope so matey
                at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                  I had a prob with the rad on my vehicle , not a 3.0 Surf . The rad cap fitment was slightly bent so the cap would pop off . I had to tweek the tabs on the rad where the cap locks into the rad when fully home and this stopped it poping off and dumping the coolant .
                  This is only an idea for you to check before spending out on alot of unecessary parts .
                  Change the stat and give it a flush aswell to make sure the system is clean and new.
                  hi just wondering if you still have your breaker,as im looking for rear axle , cheers stef [o7970 522079]

Comment

Originally posted by stef73
                    hi just wondering if you still have your breaker,as im looking for rear axle , cheers stef [o7970 522079]
                    My breaker is a 1st gen , you need a 2nd gen as different shock mounts . Jotto has on 'on the shelf' so to speak so contact him .Just need to confirm the ratio off the vin plate .
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                    X