I want more power!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want more power!

Has anyone on here had their 3.0 chipped or re-mapped or had a piggyback ECU fitted?

I'm toying with the idea of tinkering with boost pressures but I think I need to do more research first.

Anyone with a boost controller?

I also have a Blitz turbo timer to fit, but I don't know which wires to use (theres so many under that dash). It needs a constant, an ACC, a handbrake, a throttle position, an auto release and something else that I can't remember

And I've read something about propane injection ..... wtf???
    Cheers,
    Sean

search for water injection one of the 3.0 guys had that and propane(lucky bugger) then you can up the boost or even have dual stage i.e higher boost with water on

Comment

i've got an hks boost controller on mine. its not connected, and i don't really want it, would you interested in buying it?

Comment

i might need one at some point. how much? unless SeanH wants it first...
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

get a 2.5 XT Sti 330 bhp turbo subaru forester then!!
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd
            i've got an hks boost controller on mine. its not connected, and i don't really want it, would you interested in buying it?
            Same again, how much and which one is it? They've made quite a few different types over the years.

Originally posted by andycook
            get a 2.5 XT Sti 330 bhp turbo subaru forester then!!
            Ban him!!!!!!!! lol
            Cheers,
            Sean

Comment

....looked into it too.Been quoted £400 by allisport for a piggyback module. Beggining to question whether it worth going down that route. Depends on what you need the extra humph for. If its normal day to day drivin i suppose its adequate in the 3.0l diesel. I think a performance filter( k&n) ,free flowing exhaust and intercooler if possible would give a noticible change in performance. Anyone done this?

regards.

Comment

are you planning on doing the quarter mile? excessive boost can damage your turbo and blow your engine

Comment

Originally posted by SeanH
                  Same again, how much and which one is it? They've made quite a few different types over the years.

Ban him!!!!!!!! lol
                  i'll post a piccy of it, when i get back from work next week, its the evc IV i think. it's not connected a the moment. and should be easy to remove

Comment

Working...
                  X