Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my new motor

Hi folks,

What a wicked site, everyone seems so helpfull, have been logging on for a while now learning and so on and have just brought a Surf 3lt (93) SSRV last week 70'000 on the clock. Seemed like a good deal. £4000 + 1 years tax, a full service all new tires and Mot.

Every one seems to go on about their SSRx's and 4runners, any one had an SSRV and if so , any opinions on them. just fitted a new english stereo, what a pig, if anyone needs any pointers for doing this i can now help . Had to modify a couple of brackets but all went well, still i think a theif will have to rip the whole interior of the car appart to get it out.

Need to greese the steering stops and also getting a rattle sound like a chain coming from underneath sometimes when going over rough ground in 2WD, any pointers any one?

Cheers

welcome grc
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by GRC

Need to greese the steering stops and also getting a rattle sound like a chain coming from underneath sometimes when going over rough ground in 2WD, any pointers any one?

Cheers
        i have just cured a really annoying rattle like that... it tured out to be big stones that had fallen into the holes of the fuel tank guard which then jiggled about all day at certain revs or over bumps.
        it gave me chance to drop/repair the guard and check the tank too - glad i found the culprit this time!
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Welcome to the forum GRC They are a friendly helpful bunch on here. I hope you find the problem.

There are a lot of annoying things rattling around in Surfs ........... I'm not mentioning any names.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by GRC
            Hi folks,

What a wicked site, everyone seems so helpfull, have been logging on for a while now learning and so on and have just brought a Surf 3lt (93) SSRV last week 70'000 on the clock. Seemed like a good deal. £4000 + 1 years tax, a full service all new tires and Mot.

Every one seems to go on about their SSRx's and 4runners, any one had an SSRV and if so , any opinions on them. just fitted a new english stereo, what a pig, if anyone needs any pointers for doing this i can now help . Had to modify a couple of brackets but all went well, still i think a theif will have to rip the whole interior of the car appart to get it out.

Cheers

Hi newbie!
            The rattle could also be the stabiliser bar brackets that bolt onto the rear axel. They sometimes break when off-roading, Cheap to replace though.
            at the bottom of this diagram.........
            Attached Files

Comment

Ello
              Mines a SSR V only difference I can suss is I dont have rear heaters...
              Welcome to the site oh and I got a rattle you can have........

Comment

I've found what caused the annoying rattle!

Evening all,

Well, i checked out for stones (Dirtydog) not the case my man, cheers anyway.

Looked at the stabiliser bar brackets, cheers for the diagram (Bushwhacker) but not those either.

Decided to bounce the thing up and down a lot till I found it and bingo! The fixing at the top of the offside rear damper is not tight enoug so whenever I go over a bump the washers around the spline can jangle about on either side of the locator hole. I checked the otherside and the washers can only turn round on the spline and non move up and down to jangle so I guess these need tightning. Anyone got any ideas how much to tighten them by i.e well tight or tight or hand tight or torque tight or any other tight????? there Bilstein dampers if thats any use?

And finally to (DaveD) Mines got rear heater controls and you can keep ypur rattles as I think i've cured all mine.

Cheers all

Giles

Comment

intersting to know what literature those schematics are from mr.vince.

Comment

I 'found' them on here Mr Marc.

Comment

Originally posted by GRC
                      And finally to (DaveD) Mines got rear heater controls and you can keep ypur rattles as I think i've cured all mine.

Cheers all

Giles
                      Dont believe it...they are lurking till the next outing.....
                      The letter after the SSR doesnt mean a lot as the Japs tend to whack on additions anyway..... enjoy your ride Giles

Comment

whack a piccy up !! let the dog see the rabbit and all that!!
                        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                        X