Improving fuel economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving fuel economy

I have 2, 94 3.0L surfs. My regular car and one I am getting ready as a replacment.
    I fancy the idea of experimenting with the fuel injection to improve economy.
    I hardly ever go over 3000 rpm and drive at the speed limit most of the time, ( if I want speed i use the ZX12R )
    I know a guy who is very good at programing Ecu's on performance cars.
    I was thinking of modifying the injectors by changing the shims to reduce the fuel spray, get this guy to modify the ECU if it is possible, and then mess with the diesel pump timing.
    Has anyone tried eny of this kind of tuning ?

Originally posted by patzx12
    I have 2, 94 3.0L surfs. My regular car and one I am getting ready as a replacment.
    I fancy the idea of experimenting with the fuel injection to improve economy.
    I hardly ever go over 3000 rpm and drive at the speed limit most of the time, ( if I want speed i use the ZX12R )
    I know a guy who is very good at programing Ecu's on performance cars.
    I was thinking of modifying the injectors by changing the shims to reduce the fuel spray, get this guy to modify the ECU if it is possible, and then mess with the diesel pump timing.
    Has anyone tried eny of this kind of tuning ?
    yes,
    van aaken, diesel bob, allard turbo, izito, janspeed depends on thickness of your wallet. On the other hand I was very reasonable ( cheap an cheerful ) and just "chipped in" when the guys who had brought their trucks in to test on our equipment, had run out of ideas / blown them up / made a juck of things...It was all good fun - we had no neighbours for over two miles.....
    No doubt plenty on here have played around with tuning with varying degrees of success...Clever thing is to remember what you have done, so you can un-do it if necessary, and also can measure all changes..
    In your shoes, I would get both vehicles operational first, then experiment on one of them...This way you always have a runner..
    Peter

Comment

Working...
    X