yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A BIG thanks to everyone who helped my rebuild!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A BIG thanks to everyone who helped my rebuild!!

It's alive!! After a bit of white nerve racking smoke the surf lives. Been to work (45 mile round trip) the last two days and no movement from the Temp guage past normal! Water level ok so far and no leaks. I need an exhaust nut for the manifold, but it's not blowing and it's going really well.
    Thanks must also go to the boys at Lockstitch in Rochdale for their head work at I think a very reasonable price. They didn't try to sell me a new one just advised and did the work on mine.

Thank you to anyone who gave me advice I could not have got the job done otherwise.

It fired up before I had finished bleeding the forth injector so it looks as if i have had a narrow escape on the overheating front. Glad i bought a 3.0 and not a 2.4!!

I will have to pay for my membership now. I would have been lost without this site.

One question. I have (I think foolishly) fitted GTD magnatec and know that lower oil pressure can be expected. How low though. On tickover there is very little movement from zero, but the needle moves into the middle zone once you are travelling at anything over 30. Is this OK?

Yep, thats normal for the Surf oil pressure.
    Welcome back to the grin factor!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Yep, thats normal for the Surf oil pressure.
      Welcome back to the grin factor!
      That's the one. Pity I can't say the same for the missus. She is really upset that I have taken it back since I spent all the time and cash on it.

Comment

Instead of eye glued to the temp guage it'll be the oil pressure for a while.....Glad you got sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
          Instead of eye glued to the temp guage it'll be the oil pressure for a while.....Glad you got sorted.
          Thanks for that----it was one on each until last night- sort of cross eyed up and down or

Comment

Working...
          X