Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good hilux mechanics?

hi there

can anyone recommend any good mechanics in scotland (glasgow) who can fix my wheel alignment problem. i started a thread 2 weeks ago about how McConechys the garage tried to do a wheel alignment. it came back from the garage worse than it first was. so im looking for a good mechanic to do a good service on my motor cos i no longer trust these big companys to do it. there reply to my wheel alignment problem was that it could be a wheel buckle and i doubt that very much as i have used it before without this left to right shaking!

kind regards mr angry grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Incorrect tracking is more likely to cause excess tyre wear (inside or outside edges) and a tendancy to pull / drift to the left or right on a straight road with or without hands on the steering wheel. If you are getting shaking, it's more likely a balance or possibly a wheel bearing problem.

Your best bet would be to find a Toyota dealer and ask them to look at it if you're not happy with the garage you took it to. They should be able to check everything is within specification. If they aren't sure because it's an import, suggest they use the 4Runner data as they should have that.
    Mike G

Comment

will it cost me for some1 just to look and find out wots wrong with my car....cos i dont want to fork out money for nothing? also does anybody know a mechanic that works for toyota or a good garage that would do a service for me?
      regards me

Comment

There's a good, honest, and affordable chap in Bo'ness. It's a bit of a hike, but worth it. Give him a ring; Hamish 01506825510 (Automec). Be nice, he drives a 4runner too...

Comment

Originally posted by turbotommy
          There's a good, honest, and affordable chap in Bo'ness. It's a bit of a hike, but worth it. Give him a ring; Hamish 01506825510 (Automec). Be nice, he drives a 4runner too...
          I have just solved a left to right wobble on my newly rebuilt kzn130. It was a very badly mis-shaped Bridgestone Dueller tyre. There was plenty of meat on the tread but a huge bulge on one side. All I did to spot it was jack the car up and spin the front wheel. You could see it straight away. New tyre smooth as silk again

Comment

Working...
          X