SPEAKER RATTLE! and I need hifi technition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEAKER RATTLE! and I need hifi technition

Why do my front speakers rattle on the bass. And Is there anyone near Essex you guys know who I can leave my car with and have a brilliant uk Double din sound system enstalled, with new speakers etc. Money no object

theres quite a good place near me that my dads landcruiser went to and they look as complicated as the surf to get at the stereo.

do you have a system at the moment?

bass can rattle cheap/incorrectly fitted/blown/poorly powered speakers.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Reckon your front speaker cone suspension has probably perished. Mine had and I had the same symptoms as you. They're easy to swap out. I think you need 10cm ones to fit the original hole, but if you are going for a money no object system then you'll want custom door builds anyway as the in dash posistion is hardly ideal from a quality point of view.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by 24840399
        Why do my front speakers rattle on the bass. And Is there anyone near Essex you guys know who I can leave my car with and have a brilliant uk Double din sound system enstalled, with new speakers etc. Money no object
        If they're anything like mine the paper cones will have ripped. I glued the torn edges back together with Super Glue which fixed it for about a year till I blew them again!

Haven't got round to replacing the speakers yet. Let us know if find anything that fits.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          If they're anything like mine the paper cones will have ripped. I glued the torn edges back together with Super Glue which fixed it for about a year till I blew them again!

Haven't got round to replacing the speakers yet. Let us know if find anything that fits.
          Take one out, go to Halfrauds and check the mounting hole pitch against the range of 10cm ones they have. I got a pair of cheap Kenwoods (£20) which do the job. The fronts are just for fill-in really, the back ones have the better frequency response and SPL.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

If you wanna get it up to northants, I got a guy here will advise/ help you decide what you want and what you need do all the ordering /installing fully guaranteed. He's the only guy I let anywhere near the lectrics on all my motors, and has been for the last 12 years.

NO sh*t he's the B*ll*cks

P.M. me if interested
            Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyboy
              If you wanna get it up to northants, I got a guy here will advise/ help you decide what you want and what you need do all the ordering /installing fully guaranteed. He's the only guy I let anywhere near the lectrics on all my motors, and has been for the last 12 years.

NO sh*t he's the B*ll*cks

P.M. me if interested
              Please tell me who he is

Comment

Give me a call 07968600448
                Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Working...
                X