starter trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starter trouble!

could anyone give me some advice on how to get my starter motor off of my 3.0td auto 1994 surf! i have had a look and dont have a clue, HELP!

Also how easy is it to replace the plunger, contacts etc that you can buy in kit form? cheers

Servicing it couldn't be easier once you have it out of the truck. There's various 'how to's' on the site if you do a search for it.

Getting it out of the truck was a bit of a pain when I did it. I ended up lifting it out through the top of the engine bay (just to the right of the fuel filter) as there was too much in the way to drop it down.

There be experts here... I'm sure one will be along in a minute!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by mikebrfc
      could anyone give me some advice on how to get my starter motor off of my 3.0td auto 1994 surf! i have had a look and dont have a clue, HELP!

Also how easy is it to replace the plunger, contacts etc that you can buy in kit form? cheers

Search thru "fieldsy" posts. He did one and put pics on the forum. I did a 2.4 recently and almost lost the will to live it was such a pig of a job. Good news is the 3 litre is a doddle compared to the 2.4.

As mentioned above, once out, the contacts are a piece of cake to repair.

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
      X