gas conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas conversion

like the rest of you guys and girls i love my surf and will never get rid of her but i am thinking about a gas conversion. anyone done it , is it worth it,
    anyone in the manchester or merseyside areas recomended to do it
    i have the 3.0ltr 1994

Originally posted by iceman
    like the rest of you guys and girls i love my surf and will never get rid of her but i am thinking about a gas conversion. anyone done it , is it worth it,
    anyone in the manchester or merseyside areas recomended to do it
    i have the 3.0ltr 1994

Sorry to poo poo your plans friend but gas conversions are for Petrol engines. I assume ,unless you speak of a Petrol 4 runner you are running a diesel? if so, its a non starter.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      Sorry to poo poo your plans friend but gas conversions are for Petrol engines. I assume ,unless you speak of a Petrol 4 runner you are running a diesel? if so, its a non starter.
      Unless you're talking about LPG fumigation whereby its added along with the diesel.
      As Al points out you cannot convert to using only LPG, but you can use a mixture of LPG and diesel, an emerging trend which is better at adding power than economy to your motor. One of the other members (can't remember who at the moment) has posted details on his conversion before.
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Found the thread, have a look here if its Diesel LPG fumigation you're thinking about.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

i have been "in" transport for 20 yrs now and over the past 10 yrs they have spoken about using natural gas in trucks
          i know asda have had some and so have sainsburys i think
          i had one on demo 2 years ago it was a foden or erf cant remember which but what i do remember was the 4 mpg as opposed to 8 mpg on the diesel truck
          now this was on a 9 ltr truck and is now 2 yrs ago and they may have improved??
          the marketing ploy was that it was good for the environment because after the initial setting up cost and the messing about having to reroute for the gas it was not a cost efective option for the company i worked for

i would be very interested in how this has moved on now and have they done anything about the mpg issue
          i know im talking artics pulling 44 tons but is it not all relative anyway?
          at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

www.devilsownonline.com

not so good for MPG but they wont see you for dust from the lights....
            Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Lpg

Hi l have 1994 4Runner 3litre V6 petrol which has been converted to run on LPG as well as petrol, we have just done the head gaskets and are having a few little problems not much just ticking over to fast on gas, apart from that itis alot more economical on gas than petrol.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
              X