Advice on my new surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on my new surf

Just become the proud owner of a 94 3.0L TD SSR-X, im going to be driving it to the french alps on friday & im after some advice on what (if anything) i should check or change before going. Obviously im going to service it with new oils & filters. Im also going to do a coolant change, any advice on changing the coolant would be appriciated, is there a drain plug in the block? whats the normal procedure for refilling the coolant?
    Thanks
    stuart

there is a drain plug on the block of the 3ltr, and one on the radiator..i believe its on the passenger side? i flushed mine through via the top hose and thermostat housing, as i did a rad change and was changing the stat anyway..best to fill up with toyota red, or equivalant..read up on eliminating air locks too, removing the pipes from the heater matrix, and topping up through them might go some way to eliminating the problem...hope the trip goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
      there is a drain plug on the block of the 3ltr, and one on the radiator..i believe its on the passenger side? i flushed mine through via the top hose and thermostat housing, as i did a rad change and was changing the stat anyway..best to fill up with toyota red, or equivalant..read up on eliminating air locks too, removing the pipes from the heater matrix, and topping up through them might go some way to eliminating the problem...hope the trip goes well.
      Cheers Mickey

Comment

Working...
      X