Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE - how do I get LH drive lights

HI,

My parents are trying to register there surf in Spain but they need to get left hand drive lights. The toyota dealer out there said they can not help. I rang up Rough Trax who advised they can not help unless I give them a chasis number of a left hand drive surf so they can then order the part from Toyota. My folks have a KZN185, N Reg, if they dont get the lights they will have to trade in their surf

This all seems crazy to me, I don't understand why Toyota can't supply left hand drive lights for a right hand drive surf? it doesnt seem that complicated to me. but what do I know? I'm just a girl!!!

Does any one know how I can get hold of the lights? Rough trax said if I can supply them a chasis number of a LH drive surf which is the same model and year as mine then they can order the part.

Thanks
    Puds

P.S I hope I have put this thread in the right forum, sorry if not!
    Last edited by Puddles; 2 March 2006, 17:25.

I'd look on US ebay.

ie.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93...42729247QQrdZ1

I've found most people will ship outside the US if you send them a nice email explaining the reasons and make it worth it.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for that, is the Toyota 4 Runner the same as the surf? Sorry to sound thick, but I havent a clue!

Comment

Mmm you need 3rd Gen lights or 2nd Gen ones?

I suppose you'll need E marked lights and if they're 3rd Gen lighs I think it will be difficult because I don't know if there are 3rd gen european 4Runners...

If you need 2nd Gen lights let me know, I can give you my VIN. I also have a friend with a pre-93 4Runner.

David
        '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

Comment

Lights will be expensive... One I broke one and cost me 240€... Now they'd be more expensive.

We're your parents located? I've a friend in Alicante who has a shop and he's very used to deal with 4Runners.

David

PS: If my truck serves you send me an email and I'll send you my VIN in a bit.

Comment

Thanks guys, spoke to Algy Autos, who we bought the car off and he said Toyota have never made a LFD surf and the 4 runner lights wont fit.

arggh! looks like the suf has to go

Comment

Thanks Blizzard,

My folks are in the province of Murcia, near Abanilla. I dont think the 4 runner lights would fit the surf. The guy at rough trax has the same make as my folks and he said they def wont fit.

This seems madness to me, we just want headlights

Comment

My 4Runner is like this friend's one:

Lights would fit, why not?

Also I've a friend with this 4Runner, maybe yours is like that:

David

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard
                  My 4Runner is like this friend's one:

Lights would fit, why not?

Also I've a friend with this 4Runner, maybe yours is like that:

David
                  Unfortunately David, I think the lady will need lights to go on something like this

Trev
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thats the cookie Trev!

This is turning into a disaster, we bought the surf as we needed a nice 4x4 because the villa is way up in the mountains. Didnt even occur to us that we would not be able to get the lights.

The guy at rough trax has been really helpful, he is trying another place for me, but doesnt hold much hope

Comment

Ok, a 3rd Gen...

Here near me there's an american imported 3rd Gen 4Runner, but coming from the US it's possible to have non "E" marked lights...

Maybe the american lights have the DOT and E marks, don't know, you can try asking in Yotatech.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard
                        Ok, a 3rd Gen...

Here near me there's an american imported 3rd Gen 4Runner, but coming from the US it's possible to have non "E" marked lights...

Maybe the american lights have the DOT and E marks, don't know, you can try asking in Yotatech.

David
                        Stuff from the US is DOT marked, its probably a different spec but no one will know.

A 3rd gen is a 3rd gen where its a 4Runner or Surf, I can't see a reason my US headlights won't fit your Surf.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have a 93 surf in Spain I bought a set of 4Runner LHD lights from the states off ebay fitted no problem with the fitting the only downside was that the bulbs used in the states have different connections so you will need to get connectors and bulbs to match the lights

Comment

had surf in for pre itv (spanish mot) test and itv tester said lights where fine and within limits even tho rhd lights fitted. may be worth going to another itv centre and trying again puddles.
                            Ian

Comment

ITV is a joke. In one you fail because of a stupidity and in other you pass being lifted and with non-equivalent tires...

David

Comment

Working...
                              X