Bad Heater !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Heater !

Cannot get any air up to the windscreen. Plenty of air moving around all the other vents and very well heated too. Demist/defrost button appears to work as you can hear movement when it is pushed. Any suggestions ? I am not very good at blind Flying.
    Last edited by RogerRoger; 21 February 2006, 22:58. Reason: Spelling !

Hi Roger.
    Have a look at the operating mechanism behind the dash by your left foot rest, there are a number of small white plastic levers to direct air flow depending on which button is pressed on the heater controls.
    switch on ignition/start engine,
    turn blowers on,
    press button for central air vents,(furthest button on left)
    look down at operating levers down by foot rest,
    press button for screen demist,at the same time as watching levers,
    you should see which lever moves.
    mine only moved half way and stuck so i "helped" it the rest of the way and now i get a good blast of air to the screen
    It also helps to have the front windows open slightly if you have wind deflectors fitted.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks. I confess I have not tried it yet. Got confused with password and locked out for a while. I will keep you posted...at least I have somewhere to start. I had the dashboard off once and came close to suicide !!!

Comment

Cool !

Yup, finally got the thing going the way it should. I am now going to cover the buttons up to stop anyone twiddling. Its not so much forcing the lever, rather getting it to go in the right direction in that slotted guide it runs in. Once again thanks. I am forever in your debt
        Norman

Comment

Originally posted by RogerRoger
          Yup, finally got the thing going the way it should. I am now going to cover the buttons up to stop anyone twiddling. Its not so much forcing the lever, rather getting it to go in the right direction in that slotted guide it runs in. Once again thanks. I am forever in your debt
          Norman
          did u manage to do this without removing ur dash???
          CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
            did u manage to do this without removing ur dash???
            The short answer is 'Yes' although it is not totally cured, I am getting air up to the screen. Its a bugger to get to (if you are old like me) but you should see it just above the footrest by the transmission tunnel.

Comment

Working...
            X