Little Wire ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Wire ??

Hello all, I wondered if anyone can tell me what the wire leading up underneath my drivers seat might be for, as my vehicle has no heated seat switch ???

Originally posted by Ricksurf
    Hello all, I wondered if anyone can tell me what the wire leading up underneath my drivers seat might be for, as my vehicle has no heated seat switch ???

I am fairly sure that all wiring on Surfs is the same on all models... They all have everything even if not fitted... i.e just cos you don't have heated seats doesn't mean you don't have heated seat wiring.. if you see where i'm coming from

of course i could be completely wrong!
    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
      I am fairly sure that all wiring on Surfs is the same on all models... They all have everything even if not fitted... i.e just cos you don't have heated seats doesn't mean you don't have heated seat wiring.. if you see where i'm coming from

Sounds good to me.....Will investegate further to see if I can have a warm bum on these cold mornings

Comment

sure its not the sensor to see if someones siting there to light the seatbelt lamp?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          sure its not the sensor to see if someones siting there to light the seatbelt lamp?
          It's the wire from the seatbelt latch to tell you that you haven't done it up!

Saddo that I am, I actually had to go and check this!
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

so your saying that thge light will go out if no ones sat in the drivers seat??? I'm sure mine comes on as soon as the engine starts even if noone is in the seat.... i.e. leaning in through the window starting after a repair or somthing!

I thought the sensor was in the seatbelt clip
            Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

so your saying that thge light will go out if no ones sat in the drivers seat??? I'm sure mine comes on as soon as the engine starts even if noone is in the seat.... i.e. leaning in through the window starting after a repair or somthing!

I thought the sensor was in the seatbelt clip
              It is...

I had to check that the light came on with no bum on the seat
              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

There's some truth in that. I had a warning light come on once telling me the rear tyre carrier wasn't latched shut. Which is odd as I'm an underslung.

Comment

your bum needs to be made of metal for the light sensor in the instrument cluster to go off....

j/k

the wire near underneath the driver seat is for the rear heater fan and also in that loom is the wire that connects into the seat belt buckle.
                  if the seat belt is not latched to the buckle when the car is on, the seat belt lamp will light up.
                  in Australia.. for compliance.. the buckle and the seat belt actually get replaced with australian standard seat belts and buckles which are way below the quality of the original toyota ones and also have no sensor in the buckles.

Comment

Working...
                  X