Replacement Air Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Air Filters

Has anyone found or tried a K&N or similar replacement filter for the 3.0TD 97 Surf....

K&N told me that they can't match the replacement

.....and i don't want to go to a loud sucky bolt on 57i as i have just got rid of a loud Subaru that ruined my music!

Also are there any problems with Air Flow Sensors etc?

Any one...?

D

Hi Edy,

You only getting 19mpg? Ouch!

Mine is doing 25mpg on a run...but that is a fair few M'way miles!

The other forum is talking about a Filter Kit - that is a comlpete replacement of the air intake gubbins - i just want a replacement element - and K&N now don't appear to have one that'll do the job!

Used to know their Development Engineer (Warrington) and helped him fit a few 57i kits during the early stages! Some interesting theory - i notice they haven't yet developed the technology of water injection...

When we surfing next - i wanna try out my board!

Has Andy still got his Flysurfer Warrior....i wouldn't mind a shot with one...want an Fone 18.1?

Damon

Comment

Where can I get hold of a 57i kit for a 98 3.0l? Anyone know how much and if it gives any extra benefits?

Comment

Hi Damon!

Yip but thats 19 mpg around town so I dont know if I should be getting more for that kinda driving.

I noticed a clanging when driving over bumps and found the tail pipe hanging off so that might be affecting it.

Pumped the boots up to 33 psi - not much diff.

Gonna do the redex thing . .

Suggestions on a postcard!

As for surfing - find me wind And i'll be there!!!

No thanks to the 18.1 - had enough of f.one 2002 kit.
        thinking of going flysurfer eh ? there are psychos for a good price on the forum.
        Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Plotted your board dude!

Will post tonight if can ever remember your address!

Psycho perhaps a bit too much - maybe WAC'd Warrior!

Just don't like my 18.1 either - saw a Toro18 i fancied for cheap but don't know how well they fly....

Just want something real stable for my Bindings in low winds!

Wind - Sun and Mon - but they can't make their minds up!

57i kits may effect your air flow and will be noisier than replacement filter!

D

Comment

Originally posted by kite surf
            Plotted your board dude!

Will post tonight if can ever remember your address!

Psycho perhaps a bit too much - maybe WAC'd Warrior!

Just don't like my 18.1 either - saw a Toro18 i fancied for cheap but don't know how well they fly....

Just want something real stable for my Bindings in low winds!

Wind - Sun and Mon - but they can't make their minds up!

57i kits may effect your air flow and will be noisier than replacement filter!

D
            Glad you remembered to mention the filter at the end! the rest is just double dutch to me!

K&N's are louder at higher rpms, may make the motor run leaner than before, unless the motor runs a O2 sensor and ECU and the computer can increase the fuel flow in line with the increased air. Some ECU's will just throw a engine check light at you thinking it has a leak on the intake.

Some motors run quite rich from the factory, to allow for crappy fuels around the world, so leaning them off slightly can increase performance without doing any harm. A motor that is designed to run as lean as possable at the factory may have to have the mixture reset to avoid preignition/melting pistons/valves, etc

You can get the mixture reset somewhere if you don't own a rolling road/gas analyser.

Not sure how this relates to a Toy diesel, this just the scene you'll face.

Filters can be cleaned, so you never have to buy another air filter again
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'll check for this tonight!

Does anyone know / have the injection system manual for the 3.0TD?

My Subaru had a MAF sensor and still they are known for Blipping the Check Engine light with High Flow Filters or just overfueling!

Don't know the 3.0 well enough to say at this point....will investigate!

Sorry for the Surf Jargon Tony !

D

Comment

there's a shop in reading (gasoline alley) which sells an aluminium mesh filter which is a custom fit... just measure the fitting you've got on your inlet pipe and you get an adaptor to suit obviously not specific for the motor but might do the job?!

running high flow on my 3.0l gives no probs (sellotaped an old k&n on to try!)
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Cheers,

Have also spoken to ITG filters who are now looking at creating one for me for circa £30....in foam.

Will post the results when i get it done!

D

Comment

Working...
                  X