3.0 Head gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 Head gone?

I bought a 3.0 to reduce risk of head going!!

Pulled over the other day and on tickover noticed white smoke. Had to drive it back so topped up water (not that it needed much) and drove careful. No loss of power, no over heating and no water in the oil.

Got back with no problems. Smoke looks like smoke rather than steam. Spoke to a mate who runs a garage and he said that the symptoms were more like those of a blown seal on the turbo. He took it in and had a look and apparently I've got compression gases in the cooling system, therefore best case head gasket, worse case head gone.

Any thoughts on the above? How often do the 3.0 heads go? Could it be something else? If I need a new one is the one Roughtrax do the way to go?

Any comments much appreciated.

More likely to be the gasket, mine went when the rad blew. Ran, was just a pig to start, and lacked a bit going up long inclines......
    Last edited by DaveD; 3 February 2006, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
      More likely to be the gasket, mine went when the rad blew. Ran, was just a pig to start, and lacked a bit going up long inclines......
      Cheers mate, here's hoping!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
        More likely to be the gasket, mine went when the rad blew. Ran, was just a pig to start, and lacked a bit going up long inclines..
        mine was the same 1300 later on brand new head as mine was cracked and she was driving fine the only thing that made mine worse was changing the rad cap.......................lets hope yours is not that bad good luck.....all the best...

Comment

Originally posted by bootuk
          mine was the same 1300 later on brand new head as mine was cracked and she was driving fine the only thing that made mine worse was changing the rad cap.......................lets hope yours is not that bad good luck.....all the best...
          Agreed, nightmare. Broke my hire car now as well!!

Comment

Working...
          X