Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double din stereo problems!

hi there
    can anyone tell me how to get my alpine double din stereo out? cos this thing looks tighter than an ants chuff! there doesnt look like any holes or anything to get this out. any ideas guys?

kind regards me

This will explain how to get to the radio.......

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Angry
      hi there
      can anyone tell me how to get my alpine double din stereo out? cos this thing looks tighter than an ants chuff! there doesnt look like any holes or anything to get this out. any ideas guys?

kind regards me

Bushwhackers link will show you how to do it. you need to remove the lower dash.. It isn't too bad a job
      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Angry
        hi there

kind regards me
        Err I tried to follow the instuctions from the post belolw this, but failed. I may be missining something. I have a 1994 3 Ltr ssrx. Most of the dash came free, but the left side would not let go, near the glove box. The border round the heat controls snaps easy to. I now have a cracked one. Pxxh.
        I have the electric button type heater controls.
        Anyone near huntingdon Cambs who could swap out one double din for another. I have a Sony to go in it.
        Cheers R

Comment

Open the glove box and you should see some screws to the right of the catch. Remove these screws (I can't remember if theres one or two) and this alows enough downward movment of the glovebox assembly to get the radio housing part of the dash out.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

Theres 2... I just checked.. there is also 1 screw type bolt on the bottom left of the glovebox, near the passenger footwell
            Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Cheers

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Open the glove box and you should see some screws to the right of the catch. Remove these screws (I can't remember if theres one or two) and this alows enough downward movment of the glovebox assembly to get the radio housing part of the dash out.
              Hope this helps.
              Cheers for the advice, All sorted and nice Sony in place, Have an ace one

Comment

Working...
              X