Airbags - switch off and on-able?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbags - switch off and on-able?

Have a 3rd gen 3L TD complete with airbags but wondered if it's possible to switch the airbags off at all (ie the passenger side for bambino), as is possible in normal little cars (ie little coin operated switch in centre console of hubby's Peugeot etc)?

Any experience/ideas?

Originally posted by Spikeypikey
    Have a 3rd gen 3L TD complete with airbags but wondered if it's possible to switch the airbags off at all (ie the passenger side for bambino), as is possible in normal little cars (ie little coin operated switch in centre console of hubby's Peugeot etc)?

Any experience/ideas?
    There is no user method of de-activating the airbags - sorry.

Others have previously discussed permanently removing it, but this could lead to issues regarding insurance in the event of an accident as you would have deliberately decreased the safety features of the vehicle in a manner not allowed for by the manufacturer.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

but there are back seats!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

there are the back seats but the seat belt straps are too small. I thought it would be a simple matter of going to Mothercare/Halfrauds to get a seat belt extensions (the type of thing they give large people on aeroplanes) only to discover no one sell such a thing.

child will have to go back I guess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
          there are the back seats but the seat belt straps are too small. I thought it would be a simple matter of going to Mothercare/Halfrauds to get a seat belt extensions (the type of thing they give large people on aeroplanes) only to discover no one sell such a thing.

child will have to go back I guess!!!
          Toyota might, I know in the US they had to offer longer replacement seatbelts and seatbelt extensions to customers who required them, so perhaps they may be able to help you with getting extensions?
          Maurice

Comment

Have a look here, Gizmo got free extenders from Toyota for a '97 Pick-up!
            Maurice

Comment

Working...
            X