Clear All

• tech codes

Roight fellas.....I have just got the trouble codes from my 3.0L

they are showing as 14 and 24....which is here:-

IGNITION SIGNAL--NO "IGF" SIGNAL TO ECU --IGNITER/IGNITER CIRCUIT

--IGNITER AND IGNITION COIL/CIRCUIT

--ECU

and

INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR SIGNAL--OPEN OR SHORT IN INTAKE AIR TEMP. SIGNAL --INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE CIRCUIT

--INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR

--ECU

as from here...

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/tech/codes/index.html

My question is ....what the hell does this mean..?????? HELP
    Where do I look...what do I look for and how many gallons of petrol for it to burn efficiently..????

VINCE....VINCE....VINCE where are you......Can you sort these out????

Help very much appreciated....Darren
    Last edited by 30Surfer; 9 January 2006, 17:12.

Right then. The intake air temp sensor is that little plastic probe I plugged into your air filter hose on Saturday.
    The ingition signal problem is probably something to do with that temperamental alarm of yours.
    Try disconnecting your batteries for 20 mins -half an hour to reset the ECU.
    I'll sort it out when I have your truck with me on Thursday anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Right then. The intake air temp sensor is that little plastic probe I plugged into your air filter hose on Saturday.
      The ingition signal problem is probably something to do with that temperamental alarm of yours.
      Try disconnecting your batteries for 20 mins -half an hour to reset the ECU.
      I'll sort it out when I have your truck with me on Thursday anyway.
      Right then,,,I take it that sensor is a dealer part...so i'll pick one up asap and I didn't think I had a temperamental alarm...BUT I DO NOW !!!...hehehe

Comment

The sensor is there now, I plugged it back in. But obviously the ECU thinks otherwise!
        What I meant by temperamental alarm is the way it decides to lock your truck when it feels like it. remember your walk home from work to get your spare key?

Comment

The sensor is there now, I plugged it back in. But obviously the ECU thinks otherwise!
          What I meant by temperamental alarm is the way it decides to lock your truck when it feels like it. remember your walk home from work to get your spare key?
          How can I forget.....

With that sensor...the engine check light comes on 90% of the time now....so i'm gonna unplug it again and see what happens.....BTW Vince YHPM

Comment

I'll sort it on thursday.

p.s. YHPM2

Comment

I'll sort it on thursday.

p.s. YHPM2
              Back atcha....jobs-a-good'un

Comment

err, code 14 on a 3.0TD is the timer control system, your reading the codes for a petrol engine!

Look at.... open or short in the engine speed sensor circuit, fuel filter clogged, fuel/air freezing (check the air temp sensor) or injection pump problems specifically, internal pressure (blocked filter again) and timer control valve.

Good luck.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers Tony...welcome back M8...have you got a link to the 3.0TD codes by any chance..???

Comment

Working...
                  X