Radiator change KZN130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator change KZN130

Radiator finally popped the other day after 6 months or so of weeping from the top seams and constant running repairs.

Have ordered a new one and am considering doing the swap myself if it's not too big a job (it's a bit cold and I dont have anywhere under cover to work on it). I've had a quick look through the forums but cant find anything obvious, so does anyone have a step by step guide of what to do, what I'll need etc. I heard a rumour that they are a bit of a pig to refill and you end up with air locks.

Cheers in advance
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

hmmm, mine went the same way about a year ago.not wanting to trust my vehicle to anyone else i too decided to do the swap myself..i'm no mechanic, but with the help of a friend and advice from the guys of this forum it all went well, and i honestly don't recall it being a big deal.

we changed the thermostat at the same time, as obviously you'll have to remove the origional one to flush the head anyway..

regarding the airlocks, we topped up via the hoses to the heater matrix.loads of gurgling noises suggested we was moving air..then running the motor whilst squeezing the top hose shifted some more..

in truth, i think there was some air still trapped somewhere, cause the coolant was bubbling when i released the cap just after starting the motor a few months later..it soon settled down, and now its fine..

despite what some of the fellas said, the radiator will lift clean out of the top without fouling the fan..just unclip the bottom half of the plastic shroud..might be worth investing in some descent hose clips while you're at it..good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X