Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0TD: Things to look for when buying

am buying a 3.0TD 97 off ebay....

Given that I know nothing about cars, what should I be looking for? I'll be doing a hpi check on it, but anything in particular?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

A BIMTA mileage check would be a good idea.

Comment

and its got a 3.0l engine in.....

make sure all electrics work and its 4wd engages, all documents are in order as per any car, make sure you have a jolly good drive in it hard breaking to check brakes up and though gears to check all o/d and ect works if its a ssrg make sure cruise works then when your happy but it and look down on all other drivers knowing yopuve got something a little different and better than them......
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
        and its got a 3.0l engine in.....

make sure all electrics work and its 4wd engages, all documents are in order as per any car, make sure you have a jolly good drive in it hard breaking to check brakes up and though gears to check all o/d and ect works if its a ssrg make sure cruise works then when your happy but it and look down on all other drivers knowing yopuve got something a little different and better than them......
        just thought there may be some usual faults(i drive a lexus IS200 at the mo: joints, alloys, 1/2 gear change all being known faults)

will check oil, coolant, etc..... £7000 for a mint 3.0 97 aint a bad price is it?

have wanted one of these for years.... cannot wait....

Comment

From Experience

Might sound stupid, but check under matts that its dry. Not something you would think off, but if heater matrix for some reason is gone, costs a fortune to replace. Also would insist that you can get on a bit of motorway and drive it at about 80mph as my car is fine at lower speeds, but i get a vibration at higher speeds and balancing, tracking etc all fine.
          Good luck Philip

You'll love it.
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
          X