Getting there-Any Help appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting there-Any Help appreciated

Whilst the site was down I posted a couple of threads that have gone AWOL.

Basically, I have overheated the surf. New rad in situ. Running sweet-normal temp- but hard to start- needs a lot of cranking. Have tested glowplug system with help from this site. Thanks guys.

I am looking for somewhere in the Manchester area I can trust to compression test before the head is stripped off. Any suggestions?

Someone suggested pressure testing the head. I don't know how this is done. Will I need to take the running engine to a garage or the head to an engineer?

Is there any point in checking the diesel solenoid before I go any further? A friend suggested this as a problem he had come across on a L*** Rover.

Any help appreciated.

BTW would love to make the Blackpool trip, but not a good idea at the minute with the car having problems.

Originally posted by waveydavey00
    Whilst the site was down I posted a couple of threads that have gone AWOL.

Basically, I have overheated the surf. New rad in situ. Running sweet-normal temp- but hard to start- needs a lot of cranking. Have tested glowplug system with help from this site. Thanks guys.

I am looking for somewhere in the Manchester area I can trust to compression test before the head is stripped off. Any suggestions?

Someone suggested pressure testing the head. I don't know how this is done. Will I need to take the running engine to a garage or the head to an engineer?

Is there any point in checking the diesel solenoid before I go any further? A friend suggested this as a problem he had come across on a L*** Rover.

Any help appreciated.

BTW would love to make the Blackpool trip, but not a good idea at the minute with the car having problems.
    I suggest you contact Stevo at Stockport, he should be able to help you

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      I suggest you contact Stevo at Stockport, he should be able to help you

Trev
      If stevo is reading this : what do you think? I will try to call you this week by 'phone. What is the best time to catch you?

Comment

Working...
      X