water loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water loss

ole well gutted already lolo picked up surf knz130 1994 yesturday check all fluid levels etc ( went over the car for about a hour before i bought it) any way got it home from thetford to thurrock essex no problems check levels all correct.........then check my levels this morning oil was good no gundge the expantion tank water was fine.........then checked rad and it needed a good 3/4 of a ltr or water and on the top of the rad core looked like white deposits does anyone have clue please as feeling very very ****ed off right now ...does any surf mechanics live close by? it was private sale and to be honest a gorgeous car so certainly want to keep it
    Last edited by bootuk; 24 October 2005, 17:38.

some surf rads do crack at the top, mine did..got a recon exchange from roughtrax, i thought it was a good deal, looked like new, and hasn't been a problem since..except for a brief panic, when i thought it had gone again, thankfully, that time it was the radiator cap..the spring inside was getting a bit slack..check that option first, it just might be that simple..the radiator, if it does need replacing, isn't a big deal either..by removing the shroud around the fan, you can lift it clean out, once you've undone the bolts and drained it of course.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey
      some surf rads do crack at the top, mine did..got a recon exchange from roughtrax, i thought it was a good deal, looked like new, and hasn't been a problem since..except for a brief panic, when i thought it had gone again, thankfully, that time it was the radiator cap..the spring inside was getting a bit slack..check that option first, it just might be that simple..the radiator, if it does need replacing, isn't a big deal either..by removing the shroud around the fan, you can lift it clean out, once you've undone the bolts and drained it of course.
      thankyou will try it first

Comment

Working...
      X