kzn185 2" lift questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morr
    Despite the double wishbones the camber can be affected, think of the wishbones as two opposed sides of a parallelogram, as one size is moved down (ie the outer vertical of the box due to longer spring) the top of that side will tilt in towards the centre of the vehicle..
    D'oh!... i'm gonna have to go outside with a torch in my slippers to have a look now!!... can't picture the setup in my head!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Thats as big as you can go even with the 2" lift, any wider will require changing the wheels or fitting spacers as the tyre will foul the upper wishbone on the slightest droop.

damn i was going to see if the 295/75 r16 would fit on my wheels - is that a definite ?? Ive been told that the 275/75 r26 wouldnt fit on the stock suspension but i was running them with no porblem.

regards,

alex

Comment

Originally posted by _cj_
        damn i was going to see if the 295/75 r16 would fit on my wheels - is that a definite ?? Ive been told that the 275/75 r26 wouldnt fit on the stock suspension but i was running them with no porblem.

regards,

alex

Yep, on mine (2.5" lift & standard rims) the 285 BFG's were rubbing on the upper arm under the slighted droop, ie dips in the road etc. A set of 1/4" spacers cured it easily enough.
        To clear the 295's you want, you'd really want to jump up to the bolt on spacers such as those sold by trackstore (plenty of other threads on here about 'em), 30mm thick IIRC
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
        X