• timing belt

can anyone tell me how to put out the timing belt light on a knz185 `96 reg
    cheers stevie

Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

:lol: @ Morr.

Its a bugga!

yikes! I still owe someone that job after doing a belt, poor Mr Smith must be still running around with his light on.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Just done mine m8, takes about 10 mins.

1) Remove two upper and two lower screws (these also secure the lower grey half of the dashboard) from instrument cluster shroud (black piece).

2) This will allow you to lower the bottom half of the dash board (the grey area, well on my surf anyway)

3) Once this is lowered, gently prize away the small black shroud around the ignition key housing. This will reveal another screw, which must be undone.

4) The black shroud should then come away.

5) You will then see the instrument cluster, held by four screws, remove the screws and pull the cluster towards you, and then pivot it to the left, this will leave all the connectors intact and you should be able to see the screws as in the pic.

6) Simply remove the screw and place it in the hole above or below it depending on which hole the screw is in. If the belt hasn't been changed previously, then one of the holes will have a small orange membrane covering it, which you break when replacing the screw.

7) Then simply replace all of the above, and your light should be out. Don't forget to test to make sure the lights out, before you put it all back together.

hope that helps

Fieldsy
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X