another newbie help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another newbie help

hi can anyone help ive been looking for 4x4 for a little while and love the look of the surf (people keep telling me if i do a lot of motorway miles which i do to go for the pajero 2.8td) but i still like the look of the surf and would appreaciate any help...........are the good for long distance mileage (comfort) do they cruise ok around 70-80plus rough mpg mainly want for my dogs for the space also anything to look out for im going for a 3.0 td around 1994 to 1995 as this is all funds will permit please reply thankyou

Originally posted by bootuk
    hi can anyone help ive been looking for 4x4 for a little while and love the look of the surf (people keep telling me if i do a lot of motorway miles which i do to go for the pajero 2.8td) but i still like the look of the surf and would appreaciate any help...........are the good for long distance mileage (comfort) do they cruise ok around 70-80plus rough mpg mainly want for my dogs for the space also anything to look out for im going for a 3.0 td around 1994 to 1995 as this is all funds will permit please reply thankyou
    The overall answer is the SURF is by far Better than a MISSISSIPPI SHOWBOAT. Comfort is brilliant on a long journey. 80 mph no problem
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

the seating position of the surf is car-like, and in my experience, very comfortable on lengthy runs..she'll cruise effortlessly at the sort of speeds your quoting, and relitively quietly too..mine does about 23/25 to the gallon, i'm not sure how that compares with other 4x4's, and although i'm not an affluent person, i find the expense is insignificant when you are driving something as handsome as the hilux surf..i think roughtrax do a dog-guard to fit the vehicle, and the rear window will open, although not fully, without anyone being able to release the internal lock..(i don't know the breed, its possible they wouldn't wish to)...post a pic when you have bought one, you would be daft not to..just my opinion..i think the long wheelbase paj is an ugly mother..there is no dignity in owning something like that..even your dogs would be ashamed of being seen in it

Comment

yep

all you ask for is contained in 1 simple pack -
        it's called a 3.0l surf - you will not be dissapointed
        and blue ones do look the business ( and are f......... no I've been there before)
        look at the thread 'smile' in general section and read selectivly
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Surf it is

You will go a long way in finding a better 4x4 than a surf, i bought mine 2 years
          ago and cannot see myself driving anything else, perfect for the dogs,and if
          your not lead footed you will get around 25mpg, but if you like to open it up
          now and again there isnt many 4x4s that will keep up with them.

Comment

Ditto all the above.......only drawback is the sore cheek muscles
            Try a drive in one, you will be hooked

Comment

had mine over a year now, woldnt change it for the world.

Comment

juat come back from a round trip from stoke to blackpool for the lights.. im 6ft2 and im relaxed no back ache... had a great drive there and back, will cruise effortlessly at 80 85... and on drive back i drove in pouring rain with total confidance. average 65 mph and tested the MPG and got 31 on the run back, 26 on run up at 85.

mines a new toy so im allowed to do nerdy things like check fuel consumption...

and fat fires knows that burgundy ones are quicker really.... but lets not start that again!!!!!!!!
                Attached Files
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                  juat come back from a round trip from stoke to blackpool for the lights.. im 6ft2 and im relaxed no back ache... had a great drive there and back, will cruise effortlessly at 80 85... and on drive back i drove in pouring rain with total confidance. average 65 mph and tested the MPG and got 31 on the run back, 26 on run up at 85.

mines a new toy so im allowed to do nerdy things like check fuel consumption...

and fat fires knows that burgundy ones are quicker really.... but lets not start that again!!!!!!!!
                  I was going to start ..........but are you realy 6'2"? - any more lip from you and I'll punch you right in the
                  .kneecaps?
                  what the hell - you are tall
                  so what - in the other dimension so am I!!!!!

fatfires....'does what is says on the tin' twice!
                  a little fat fireman - now retired, that burns fat - big fires!

blue is still everso nice
                  Tony

Comment

yep 6ft 2 and 20 stone... but dont pick on me or ill set the missus on ya.. shes 4ft9 and about 7st ringing wet....and black belt in kick boxing and kung fu...

the bigger they are the more scared they are of the missus!!!!!!
                    Last edited by andrewlee31; 30 September 2005, 20:31.
                    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

but dont pick on me or ill set the missus on ya.. shes 4ft9 and about 7st ringing wet....and black belt in kick boxing and kung fu...

F^ck me
                      no its all right ....buddy.....mate ....cringe

dont want the colour of me bruses to match me motor
                      even tho it is soooooo cool and bestest
                      Tony

Comment

thats pretty much what i say when she wants new handbags.... shoes..... bits of tat... women stuff...

sweet but deadly....

Burgundy ones are bestest!!!!
                        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

thanks people im still finding it hard to part with me saab 9-5 aero lolo but the DOG wins and me northern inuits lololo so by the sounds of it surf 30td auto it is ...............can anyone offer some more advice on what to look out for! also any decent insurance companys..also lolo do they have any decent pull away poke for play aas no doubt sure gonnamiss the saab poke

Comment

What's lololo?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                              What's lololo?
                              a nerdy computer language for L aughing O ut L oud

Comment

Working...
                              X