Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power loss

hi i have a 3.0 l-94 manual,
    it started to lose power after about two hours of non stop driveing but now if started doing it from cold,you first get the the power loss then it starts to skake as well this comes and go's,until you stop.
    once you turn off the (ING) and leave for a few mins it seems to fine for a while then starts again.
    any ideas please
    regards dan

Do you mean 'shudders?
    Check your engine oil level.

Comment

Give it a service before panicing, do all the filters, and check all the oils.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I had a similar problem with my wifes car - turned out to be a blocking fuel filter, causing fuel starvation under load at first then gradually got worse!
        Have you, or do you let your tank run a little low sometimes??
        Or if you have recently started to use veg oil, veg oil has the ability to lift and carry all the sh**e out of the bottom of your tank, through your fuel lines and into the filter.
        hope this is of assistance - if only to rule these out!!
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

hi,will take a look at oil and do filter change,
          i have never let it run lowof diesel but when i collected it,it was a bit low then.
          and yes it is more like a shudder.....it comes on for a about 2-5 seconds then stops then starts again about 30seconds later,then keeps doing this until you stop.
          when its doing this you slow down to stop and the revs are up and down so you have to keep your foot on the gas so not to stall it!!!!
          and no it's not runing on veg oil
          cheers dan

Comment

Originally posted by madmax
            hi,will take a look at oil and do filter change,
            i have never let it run lowof diesel but when i collected it,it was a bit low then.
            and yes it is more like a shudder.....it comes on for a about 2-5 seconds then stops then starts again about 30seconds later,then keeps doing this until you stop.
            when its doing this you slow down to stop and the revs are up and down so you have to keep your foot on the gas so not to stall it!!!!
            and no it's not runing on veg oil
            cheers dan
            Could be air in the fuel line . Check the inlet pipe to the fuel filter housing is tight . Or the fuel filter is loose or has a poor seal on it allowing air to be sucked in .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

cheers mate will look at that too,
              dan

Comment

Working...
              X