No announcement yet.

Got a leak!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I always planned to do was to catch the water from the AirCon dump pipe and send it to the washer bottle - seems a shame to waste all that nice clean water and the wash bottle on the 93 surf is rather small.
    Would be a simple thing to do - just need a small 12v washer jet pump, piece of plastic tube and a small catch bottle.

Comment

Yes, almost certainly water from the air con, just put your finger in the fluid and lick it, you'll soon see!

All my cars that have had air con have a pizz when you pull up.

Comment

First thing i did was lick it.....defo water...defo from air con...

Comment

During the last week or so I had noticed a drip from that pipe. Been panicking about it!! Did a search on here and came up with this thread. Thanks guys!!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Matt79
            Well cheers people, better news than I had dreaded! It is an angled overflow type pipe about six inches away from the bulkhead so it does sound like the same thing. Any ideas why it does this though and what I have to do to fix it???

Any car with AC is SUPPOSED to drip water out of the tube. Park it up with AC on and a puddle will form under any vehicle.

Feel pleased that your AC is in top order and working.
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
            X