Low Sulphur Diesel in a 1KZ-TE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Sulphur Diesel in a 1KZ-TE

Hi, here in New Zealand we are switching to low sulphur diesel (max 50ppm) replacing traditional diesel (500ppm).

The Ministry is warning that some engines are not suited to the new fuel. "The new fuel may have lower levels of aromatics. Some fuel injection pump seals swell when aromatics are increased and shrink when they are decreased which can lead to leaks. The main type of pumps that could be affected are older VE roraty fuel injector pumps made by Denso or Zexel...(but other pumps could also be affected). Generally these pumps can be found in pre-1995 Japanese light duty diesel vehicles. Minimum cetane index (burning quality) is being improved. Lubricity will continue to meet the current diesel specification.

Can anyone tell me whether my 1KZ-TE (1994 Jap import) is likely to be susceptible?

Thanks, Jim

Not sure on all the techy stuff but when low sulphur diesel was introduced here i started using Millers fuel additive, to protect the valves and lubricate the pump. Try the link below it gives a run down on what the additive does.

http://www.millersoils.net/index2.html

click on automotive then fuel additives to find the diesel additive

Millers is a big company and you should be able to get it in NZ, hope this helps
    Last edited by crazybitch; 4 September 2005, 17:48.
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

I've always used low sulphur (City Diesel) Diesel since it was available without any problems with pump seals - taht was on a 1993 2.4TD and now on a 4.2 TD Land Cruiser.

Comment

Yeah, we havn't got a choice here, and trucks seem to running OK.

Millers is good stuff, we've used it in the Bullet.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Echo. echo Bullet ran like a dream on Millers!
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            Echo. echo Bullet ran like a dream on Millers!
            I run like a dream on millers light......prefer best bitter!!
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

Working...
            X