Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure feed tube

Hello,
    We have a fluid leak where the hose on the pressure feed tube for the power steering connects to a crimped metal connector.
    We need to use the Surf on Monday but won't be able to get hold of a replacement by then (or raise the funds apparently!).
    Does anyone know if there is something we can do as a temporary fix, whether it's something we can do ourselves or if a garage can do something to tide us over and if there is how safe it is a we'll be doing quite a few miles on Monday before we can get it replaced properly.

Thanks

is it a metal or rubber tube?

if rubber, is there enough to cut out the leaky part and re connect it?
    or could get another tube to cover it ?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      is it a metal or rubber tube?
      if rubber, is there enough to cut out the leaky part and re connect it?
      or could get another tube to cover it ?
      Hiya,
      It's a rubber tube that looks pushed into a metal fitting and then sealed somehow, it leaks right where the two items meet. I am tempted to try and take it apart and see if I can re-seal the joint but don't know what we're dealing with. It could be interesting if the steering disappears as we travel the M5.

Comment

It is a crimped hi-pressure hydraulic hose so I don't think any temporary repair will last long.
        Give Halfords a call if you have one near you, they may have something similar in stock or maybe even make something up, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by tarot-man
          Hello,
          We have a fluid leak where the hose on the pressure feed tube for the power steering connects to a crimped metal connector.
          We need to use the Surf on Monday but won't be able to get hold of a replacement by then (or raise the funds apparently!).
          Does anyone know if there is something we can do as a temporary fix, whether it's something we can do ourselves or if a garage can do something to tide us over and if there is how safe it is a we'll be doing quite a few miles on Monday before we can get it replaced properly.

Thanks
          Hi,
          Although recently retired, I have 45 years experience in motor vehicle repairs heavy commercial as well as private cars....I would recommend you trace your nearest Pirtek branch (hydraulic fittings mobile service) they will be able to fix your problem in very short order...they cover most of uk and have a depot in Oldbury with 24 hour service. see also
          www.pirtek.co.uk.
          Last edited by Uplander; 3 September 2005, 21:53. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
          X