Still troubled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still troubled...

If you remember (those who kindly replied), I had problems with low power, stalling and 'check engine' light coming on intermittently a few weeks ago. The concensus was that the fuel filter needed replacing.

However, a few days later, the problem just went away and I put it down to a bad batch of Bio (as I'd put some known fuel in to dilute it). I had a 400 mile round trip to do last w/e and the truck was flawless - plenty of grunt on the motorways, and fine when pretty heavily loaded on the way back. However, being tight, I didn't want to fill up on the motorway, so ran the fuel very low until I could fill up at more reasonable (ha!) prices.

YES, I know this was dumb...

Now I have the same problem back again I figure I picked up more **** from the bottom of the tank. Lack of power, unwillingness to rev. 'Check engine' light comes on when the revs are high causing a drop in revs and power.

I am about to order a fuel filter (unfortunately, I live too far away to just pop in to Roughtrax or Milner), is there anywhere in Worcestershire where I can get one?

Is the concensus still that the filter is probably sh*gged? Or do I have something more expensive to do? I'm thinking about pulling the injectors and getting them cleaned too. Worthwhile? Is it a difficult job? I have 74k miles.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Hi mate - I run mine very low on occasions and Ive never had a problem (apart from my "dodgy diesel" thread) but I change my fuel filter every 10000kms. Just get the filter done and then you know if its that or not, its certainly the cheapest option to try first
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
    X