Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this go..???

Hey all,
    After I done my oil change on the weekend I noticed this pipe coming out of the side of the engine(pic 1) it is on the side of the block just underneath the oil filter. Pics 2+3 are just further back to give some idea....Questions are what is it for and where is it supposed to go...???

I have done searches on here but not knowing what it's for I'm searching blind....

sorry pics are bad there from my phone....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 30Surfer; 24 August 2005, 19:36.

Hey Darren, how ya doin'?
    Sorry can't make out anything in those pics.
    Have a look at the link it may help you find out where everything goes in that area of you engine.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

p.s. If you had a 2.4 I would have popped up to see ya !

Comment

Hey Vince....

Hey Vince how was ya holiday M8, good un I hope.....nice bit of countryside in Langorse, I do a bit of pest control(hobby) with my ferrets and an air rifle and there's always good sport around there....

But back to the gas guzzler...that link, it looks different to mine...how many engines are in there !!! LOL
      It hasn't made my beauty run any differently maybe use a bit more fuel but methinks it's there for a reason so it must go somewhere but i'm buggered if I know where... I was hopin it was that, that was making my engine check light come on(usually when easing off to go downhill). There is also a pipe missing from the bottom of the oil filter catch pan, but i'm assuming thats just an overflow pipe that just directs spilt oil down and out of the way....I'll just have to face it M8...I AIN'T GOT A NAFFIN CLUE..!!!!
      Last edited by 30Surfer; 24 August 2005, 20:12.

Comment

Engine looks different?
        you sure it's a 3.0?
        This link is the home page of that site, see if your engine is there....

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/

Holiday was a nice break, came home just before the rain.

Which was nice.

Comment

pics show a 2.4

3.0 2nd and 3rd gen are different engines too
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

yes Vince looks quite similar but doesn't show what i'm looking for....

Comment

Have you got a digital camera to take some better pics? Meanwhile, I'll have a search to see what I can find.
              As you say, your truck is running o.k. so at least it's not a critical problem at the mo.

Comment

Nah M8...ain't got a digital camera yet, I don't use this ****** puta often enough to warrant one of them, but it looks like I may have to invest.....

It's on the side of the engine directly behind the overflow pipe from the oil catch pan.....and beside it to the left there seems to be a small nut about a 13mm spanner size....any ideas...???

Comment

Sorry dude, can't help without lookin' at it.
                  Your best bet is to give TonyN a shout, he da man!

Comment

Its the coolant drain tap for the block.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Its the coolant drain tap for the block.

So the pipe is just another overflow is it Tony..???

Thank effs for that....Cheers Tony....very much appreciated

Maybe you can shed some light on my 'check' light problem as well....I've had the surf put on a diagnostic compter(well i've been told it has) and he said that a fault with the crank sensor appeared.....EH..???
                      So where is it(the crank sensor) and is it easy to change...??

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer
                        So the pipe is just another overflow is it Tony..???

Thank effs for that....Cheers Tony....very much appreciated

Maybe you can shed some light on my 'check' light problem as well....I've had the surf put on a diagnostic compter(well i've been told it has) and he said that a fault with the crank sensor appeared.....EH..???
                        So where is it(the crank sensor) and is it easy to change...??
                        Yeah, its nothing, not really an overflow, just as tap to drain the block of coolant if need be.

Look here for the crank sensor info, its easier than me typing it out....

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/inf...E/Pg0290im.jpg

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Yeah, its nothing, not really an overflow, just as tap to drain the block of coolant if need be.

Look here for the crank sensor info, its easier than me typing it out....

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/inf...E/Pg0290im.jpg

Hi
                          the 3.0l crank sensor runs off the journal of no4 cyl and is located below that water drain tap aprox 20 mm above the sump/block joint, if memory serves me right it is a grey plug, i think fairly tight to the starter + a bitch to get at!
                          Tony
                          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                          Tony

Comment

Working...
                          X