Some advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice needed

Can someone please tell me if the imported 3.0 is any good only the head went on our 2.4 and the dealer we got it from has offered us an imported 3.0 in it's place.

Originally posted by Judith1
    Can someone please tell me if the imported 3.0 is any good only the head went on our 2.4 and the dealer we got it from has offered us an imported 3.0 in it's place.
    yeah... loads more power.
    not many reported head problems (about same as any other car)
    as long as you're happy with the car then take it!...

obviously test drive and give it a good look over first!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Better fuel economy too!
      THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Comment

Snap his arm off - the 3.0 is Da Bomb Grrl.
        Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

It must be your birthday, dont be too eager to say yes, he may realise what he is offering, self control only needs to last until you are driving out - I hope you have it by now!!
          Tony

Ps 3.0l give a bigger permenant smile than 2.4's!!!!!
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Hi Judith1,

The way your posting is worded makes it sound as though the 2.4 wasn't imported. All Surfs are imported, only the 4Runners are UK vehicles, and consequenlty their body work is usually not as good as the imported equivalent.

What I really wanted to say is: that if you were worried about it being an 'imported' 3.0l then don't worry...your 2.4 was as well.

I have a 3.0 and I'm really chuffed with it. Hope it works out well and you get a really good Surf.

Rob
            Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Just got a '96 3.0l surf myself a couple of weeks ago and it really is the bomb!!!

As you subtly, but hastily, extrocate the 3.0l from his grasp, try and leave the poor chap his limbs still attatched!!!!!

Comment

Thank you all for your answers and I am aware that our 2.0 was imported. I got a bit worried when I read a letter from someone in a 4x4 magazine who claimed that he could not tow his caravan with his 3.0 because it kept overheating I hope that towing will be ok because we have a caravan.

Comment

Thank you all for your answers and I am aware that our 2.0 was imported. I got a bit worried when I read a letter from someone in a 4x4 magazine who claimed that he could not tow his caravan with his 3.0 because it kept overheating I hope that towing will be ok because we have a caravan.
                  The Auto 3 Ltr can sometimes suffer from overheating.If you are getting an auto then this will answer any questions you may have.

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195

Neville

Comment

Working...
                  X