Air con gas Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con gas Quantity

Hi my air con has gone warm on my 1996 3.0 TD 3rd gen surf, I had it topped up about 4/5 months ago, so I must have a leak somewhere but can anyone tell me how much gas should be in there as the guy who did it was unsure and I think he put in the least he could get away with, I know its R134a because of the sticker but could not translate the quantity. TIA, Alan

Originally posted by Engine Alan
    Hi my air con has gone warm on my 1996 3.0 TD 3rd gen surf, I had it topped up about 4/5 months ago, so I must have a leak somewhere but can anyone tell me how much gas should be in there as the guy who did it was unsure and I think he put in the least he could get away with, I know its R134a because of the sticker but could not translate the quantity. TIA, Alan
    quantity does not come into it its the pressure that counts, system cannot be topped up as you need it vacummed out then refilled, any fridge engineer should be able to do it for about 25 quid give or take, catch an engineer on the job at the local super market and he probly do it in the car park as forginer for the price of a packet of fags and a bottle of wine.
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

The Aircondoc quotes 750gms worked with his.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...395#post113395

Comment

Should be a 'yellow' label on the underside of the bonnet... lots of Japanese, and '750g' somewhere on it... at least it does on mine... you should have similar...

Comment

Working...
        X