Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh sh1 t ..check engine light on..._more info

Hi all
    just been for a run when warmed to opperating temp light comes on over 900 rpm, fine on tickover ..750ish I dont know what can cause this to light but have checked water, oils etc, revs freely, turbo whistles under 1800 revs
    any sugestions, I don't want to bu**er up my new engine
    Tony

come on guys
    I have done a search
    all the info I have found relates to 2.4 &2.8's
    is mine the same by any chance?
    I'm getting withdrawal symptoms not driving the beast
    its a nice sunny day and I wanna go on dartmoor to play
    Tony

Right guys,
    ignored engine type, followed instructions for getting test codes - now even more confused I got a 9 3 any ideas, pleeeesss,
    Tony
    Last edited by fatfires; 3 August 2005, 17:01. Reason: clear codes - me unclear
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

mines the same and I can't find out why it is doing it. Do you know what fault codes you are getting and have you tried to clear them?

Comment

seriously...help!!

Originally posted by bdoubledub
      mines the same and I can't find out why it is doing it. Do you know what fault codes you are getting and have you tried to clear them?
      O K guys and girls
      have read all the info about codes - phew!
      engine warning light still comes on - nothing appears to be constant as to when, always when engine warm, some times goes on and off sometimes on all the time.
      I cleared the memory and am now getting 3 9
      in the 1KTZ manual list this signal is for fuel temperature sensor circuit if it is 39. thirty nine is not shown in any of the other lists
      if it is three - nine then most lists show 3 ignition circuit and 9 speed sensor can any of you wonderfull folk out there explain please in simple terms...me now very confused and with a pending towing run Devon to Scotland me also very wary!!
      Tony
      Tony

Comment

Hi mate;

Are you using biodiesel or SVO?

If the engine is left to idle, do you get the checklight?

If you can let it idle, does the fuel filter heat up?

Is the wiring found at the bottom of the fuel filter properly plugged in - remove and refit

Does the engine "surge" or "struggle" as/just before the light comes on? (fuelling)

Regards
        Udhi

Comment

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
          Hi mate;

Are you using biodiesel or SVO?

If the engine is left to idle, do you get the checklight?

If you can let it idle, does the fuel filter heat up?

Is the wiring found at the bottom of the fuel filter properly plugged in - remove and refit

Does the engine "surge" or "struggle" as/just before the light comes on? (fuelling)

Regards
          Udhi
          Hi
          1. there may be a trace of german diesel (some bio?) left in the tank but have filled up twice since with morrisons best
          2. idles fine - sometimes light on - sometimes off
          3. fuel filter does not heat up - checked in fuse/relay box nothin in fuel heater space only appears to have sensor wires (for water?) in the filter
          4. done it
          5. no surges/struggles actually runs like a dream - since rebuild uses a bit more diesel but engine was well tight!
          hope this gives you a few indicators/helps (unfortunatly I dont think so)
          but willing to try anything....well almost
          Thanks for your interest
          Tony
          Tony

Comment

My fuel filter becomes very warm (about 40 degrees) on a good run. If this isnt happening, mebbe the coolant pipes arent set up correctly? I beleive the fuel might be warmed by coollant?

I think the filter is heated by coolant on ours not by electricjiggery...unless I have been removing thr wrong frikkin pipes again.

I did not know that the engine was rebuilt which kind of complicates matters. Could it be a prob with sensor reinstallation or timing?

Udhi

Comment

can't see

Originally posted by ChasesDragons
              My fuel filter becomes very warm (about 40 degrees) on a good run. If this isnt happening, mebbe the coolant pipes arent set up correctly? I beleive the fuel might be warmed by coollant?

I think the filter is heated by coolant on ours not by electricjiggery...unless I have been removing thr wrong frikkin pipes again.

I did not know that the engine was rebuilt which kind of complicates matters. Could it be a prob with sensor reinstallation or timing?

Udhi
              Hi Udhi
              had a look but cant see anything near the filter that could heat the fuel except radiated heat from the engine (perhaps Im stupid) only 1 pipe in and 1 out. my 1KZT repair manual is for mech fuel inj
              when I rebuilt all sensors on engine block and head were replaced and the timing has been double checked
              thanks for your continued interest, have checked sensor terminals again, re set ECU and will do diagnostic codes again after a run later
              Tony

Test run done - dont know what i done BUT light has not come on......yet
              crossing fingers, toes and everything else##### ouch well almost everything a big thank you to all that have offered help. if the light stays off maybee this thread will drop off the bottom of the page. I hope, You hope, everybody hopes!!
              Tony
              Last edited by fatfires; 5 August 2005, 18:06.
              Tony

Comment

Working...
              X