Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Cooler

Hi everyone

just want to make sure that i`ve got my idears right for when i fit my oil cooler and that i`ve got everything in the right order.I`ve done loads of searches but just want someone to say yes or no.

Out of transmission into cooler
    Out of cooler into radiator
    Out of radiator back to transmission?

Looking forward facing the surf, is the inlet on the radiator on the left and the exit on the right, and when the cooler arrives i`m hopeing it`ll have flow direction marked on it, if it does actually matter.

Just one more thing, with alot of heat exchangers and plate coolers you would have the flows going towards each other for maximum effect, i,e the outlet of the cooler would be plumbed in to the outlet of the radiator so the hotter oil would meet the cooler water first,but saying that is it not the case with the radiator.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks in advance
    jack
    Stella Artois

I just plumbed mine in the way that was easiest really, i presumed oil in the cooler should go left to right with fittings at the top.
    You can check the route of the oil by unplugging both oil lines and starting the engine for a sec and see which one spews oil...
    you can try http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/oilcooler.htm but I this was a 2.4 motor not a 3.0 like yourself so Im not sure of the similarities.

Originally posted by jackster
    Hi everyone

just want to make sure that i`ve got my idears right for when i fit my oil cooler and that i`ve got everything in the right order.I`ve done loads of searches but just want someone to say yes or no.

Out of transmission into cooler
    Out of cooler into radiator
    Out of radiator back to transmission?

Looking forward facing the surf, is the inlet on the radiator on the left and the exit on the right, and when the cooler arrives i`m hopeing it`ll have flow direction marked on it, if it does actually matter.

Just one more thing, with alot of heat exchangers and plate coolers you would have the flows going towards each other for maximum effect, i,e the outlet of the cooler would be plumbed in to the outlet of the radiator so the hotter oil would meet the cooler water first,but saying that is it not the case with the radiator.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks in advance
    jack
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      You can check the route of the oil by unplugging both oil lines and starting the engine for a sec and see which one spews oil...
      I kinda presumeded the transmission outlet was the pipe with the wires on it,which i thought was the A/T High Temp sensor
      Stella Artois

Comment

Just a thought - if its a secondhand oil cooler - make sure all traces of engine oil are flushed out before you use it for A/T.

Kev

Comment

Working...
        X