No announcement yet.

Viscous(?) Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

echelon galactica! and on its back, berilia, tubul, great t'phon and jerakeen..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      echelon galactica! and on its back, berilia, tubul, great t'phon and jerakeen..

Is that Klingon your speaking?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Is that Klingon your speaking?
        No, its Pratchettish
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i'm calm... always laid down!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid
            A basic question I know, but I've done the search thingy and couldn't find what I was looking for.

In front off the radiator on the 3.0L TD SSR-X is another fan.
            a) Is this the viscous fan?
            and
            b) When I flushed the cooling system today I noticed that, even though the engine had been running for 20 minutes with the temp guage on normal, this fan never moved. Is this ok or should I be worried?

Ken

On the 3ltr the electric fan at the front of the rad is for the air con rad that sits in front of the cooling rad. Will only come on when the air con is being used.
            mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
              On the 3ltr the electric fan at the front of the rad is for the air con rad that sits in front of the cooling rad. Will only come on when the air con is being used.
              A serious answer on this thread, I don't think I can cope with it!

Many thanks Greebo, I only noticed the other radiator today when I was replacing the sump guard, and wondered what it was.

Ken
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X