Landcruiser 1KZ-TE MPG???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landcruiser 1KZ-TE MPG???

My boss has a 96 Landcruiser with the 3.0 td manual in!

He is only getting 19mpg and he doesnt drive all that fast! Is there anything you guys could suggest that would improve his mpg??? We used to own a surf with the same 1KZ-TE engine and it was doing around 28-35mpg, but ours was auto does this make all that much differnce? Could it be the injectors as it has around 90k miles on?

Hope you can help!!

Many thanks

Depends how much heavier the LC is, But it should do better than that, manuals generally get better milage compared to autos.

Alot depends on driving styles, also is it regularly serviced?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yes it has a full service history!! and is always serviced!

Have you any other ideas??

Thanks again

Comment

Air filter, oil change, injector service. At 9 years old nearly the injectors are probably toast and this will seriously affect the MPG.

Also any bull bars, vent visors, bonnet guards etc will also ruin the MPG.

Like the Surf, the LC is as aerodynamic is a shed and will never be really economical however they should do high 20s to low 30s overall.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
          Air filter, oil change, injector service. At 9 years old nearly the injectors are probably toast and this will seriously affect the MPG.

Also any bull bars, vent visors, bonnet guards etc will also ruin the MPG.

Like the Surf, the LC is as aerodynamic is a shed and will never be really economical however they should do high 20s to low 30s overall.

Cheers
          Try freewheeling down hills and chug along in a higher gear rather than scooting round at high revs (even if your not going fast).

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
            Chillitt's the expert on sheds but, personally, I'd disagree with this.

During the recent cold weather I was driving along late at night and ran into a snowstorm. The view out of the windscreen was like (for those of you old enough to remember) the beginning of the old Dr. Who, with the streaks of white coming at you. When the snow stopped a few miles later and not having had to put the wipers on, the screen was totally dry with not a snowflake on it.

Ken
            [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

theres no snow on my shed either
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                theres no snow on my shed either
                That's only cos it fell off when you braked hard!

Ken
                [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Where do you suggest i get the injectors refurbed or how much are new ones?? Is it an easy job to do??

Thanks again

Comment

aparently UK Cylinder heads are a good source. I spoke to DieselBob and he seems nice and knows his stuff.
                    Tim
                    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Do you think Toyota would sell them as it is a UK car??

I was talking to a guy who said that there was a screw on the fuel pump that he would be able to screw and it would give better power and economy!!!

Do you think its worth a try or is he talking crap ??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DGraham
                        Where do you suggest i get the injectors refurbed or how much are new ones?? Is it an easy job to do??

Thanks again
                        Uk Cylinderheads do refurb injectors, had some for my Surf, £70 ish + VAT for a set. I think the 1KZTE ones are the same as the 2LT but not sure. If they are the same as the 1HDT engine (maybe) then they are a lot more expensive and UKcylinderheads don't do the full injector, you need to remove and send them where they will refurb and put new tips in - about £200 or ther abouts for a set.

Comment

fuel

try blanking off the egr valve with a ballbearing up the vac pipe. that might gain you a couple off mpg.

Comment

I have just bought a 94 3.0td and on a decent run could only manage about 22mpg, any body any ideas on how to improve, otherwise i might have to sell before I can enjoy it!

He is only getting 19mpg and he doesnt drive all that fast! Is there anything you guys could suggest that would improve his mpg??? We used to own a surf with the same 1KZ-TE engine and it was doing around 28-35mpg, but ours was auto does this make all that much differnce? Could it be the injectors as it has around 90k miles on?

Hope you can help!!

Many thanks

Comment

Hope you can help!!

Many thanks
                              Hmm - Cumbria is that rather hilly place isnt it? LC weighs in at well over 2 tons I should think. Better test would be a nice steady run up the M6 at about 65 for 30 miles for so each way. Should get 25 or more easily in those circumstances. BTW if you got 35mpg from a 3ltr Surf you were doing exceptionally well.

Kev

Comment

Working...
                              X