oh poop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh poop...

this could end up bad... basicly my battery was too small for the clamp... so i did the senseble thing (stop laughing!) and put a bit of wood across the clamp... has been fine for months... lifted the bonnet today and the wood has vanished... cant see it ne were... guess i have to wait for a burning smell or somthing to jam lol... guess i should find a better way of holding the batt down...

oh and a note to ne one who thinks there rear window switch is broke... dont do as i did and take it apart b4 checking the window lock is off...

Originally posted by Ste00
    this could end up bad... basicly my battery was too small for the clamp... so i did the senseble thing (stop laughing!) and put a bit of wood across the clamp... has been fine for months... lifted the bonnet today and the wood has vanished... cant see it ne were... guess i have to wait for a burning smell or somthing to jam lol... guess i should find a better way of holding the batt down..
    Re the battery. I did a similar thing with mine, but put a full piece of wood under the battery that was the same size as the battery itself. Works a treat. Read it somewhere on the forum, so can't take credit for the idea though!
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

yeah this small bit of wood was under the battery originally but the battery slipped so i put it on top,

Comment

That reminds me, i need to clamp the battery in meh 1st gen....

Comment

Working...
        X