Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Rear Parking Mirror

Hi peeps

I knew that i would eventually find something that i didn't like about my much loved surf..

The electric pop out mirror, although its rather funky. I don't think that it seems to serve the purpose. I reversed gently into someones car, because of the angle that I was reversing.

Although the rear mirrors on the estima (mpv's) look naff, they seem to be adjustable and have a larger coverage.

just thought i'd be pedantic on this lovely friday afternoon, sun out, no customers, bored.
    [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Originally posted by sajjap
    Hi peeps

I knew that i would eventually find something that i didn't like about my much loved surf..

The electric pop out mirror, although its rather funky. I don't think that it seems to serve the purpose. I reversed gently into someones car, because of the angle that I was reversing.

Although the rear mirrors on the estima (mpv's) look naff, they seem to be adjustable and have a larger coverage.

just thought i'd be pedantic on this lovely friday afternoon, sun out, no customers, bored.
    Would I be right in guessing that it was a rear mounted tyre that hit??
    I've often wondered why the only model to get the mirror as standard (SSR-G) is also the only model to get the rear tyre mount as standard (altough most have it fitted as an option anyway) yet the mirror does not extend enough to show the back of the tyre!!

I've been driving with my spare tyre in the boot recently (worn bushes in the carrier are causing unbelievable rattles with the weight of the wheel fitted) and suddenly I find that the mirror is actually usefull!
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Yep

Spot on, it's the spare wheels whos the culprit.

Comment

you could always use the side mirrors or perhaps turn tour head and torso so that you are facing the rear of the vehicle??
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Ah now hang on Matt, be careful, if you continue to make sensible suggestions like that we'll start to worry that you're ill, not like you at all
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Thats nothing, I backed a 44 tonner into a bus this morning

Good job no-one saw
            Cheers,
            Sean

Comment

Fit a towbar, that way if its a sportscar behind and the bonnet is too low for the spare wheel you can still get their numberplate with the towball. This has the benefit of providing both a motion warning as you stop and an audable one when you hear their numberplate landing on the road.

I though the mirror would be good for helping to hitch up the caravan, no chance. Still it is a good toy isn't it.
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

In other words when in spain park as the spaniards.

Comment

Working...
                X