X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Runner is dead

Hi ALL!

That's it!
    Last Sunday, my Runner 1994 3.0TD's engine is dead. Lot's of white smoke and no water on the radiator. I check the water all weeks!
    (Well. you konw, it's the "regular" head problem)
    As my mechanic told me, it will need a new engine and the price is about 700£!!
    (I found one 1KZTE 1998 from a Land Cruiser with 80.000km/49709mls)
    The Runner cost to me about 7100£ last year in May.
    I think I had bad luck with the Runner, because until now I spent almost 1550£ with parts, servicing, etc.
    (Here in Portugal, the price is high)

Kind a desperating thing now...

Well... in my place what you can do?
    Sell like that, buy the engine, send it to the "Mother-in-Law junk yard", or... what?

All the best
    Jose Carlos (Charles)
    "Everybody need something. I think I need a beer..."

Hi Jose, that's real bad luck, although it's much more unusual to have the head go on the 3.0L as it doesn't have the same design flaws as the 2.4L head.

I'd go for the rebuild if it was mine, as you'll then have the car back in good order for years to come.
    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by TugaRunner
      Hi ALL!

That's it!
      Last Sunday, my Runner 1994 3.0TD's engine is dead. Lot's of white smoke and no water on the radiator. I check the water all weeks!
      (Well. you konw, it's the "regular" head problem)
      As my mechanic told me, it will need a new engine and the price is about 700£!!
      (I found one 1KZTE 1998 from a Land Cruiser with 80.000km/49709mls)
      The Runner cost to me about 7100£ last year in May.
      I think I had bad luck with the Runner, because until now I spent almost 1550£ with parts, servicing, etc.
      (Here in Portugal, the price is high)

Kind a desperating thing now...

Well... in my place what you can do?
      Sell like that, buy the engine, send it to the "Mother-in-Law junk yard", or... what?

All the best
      Are you sure it is the head that has cracked 3.0TD are generally bomb proof? Not just a failed head gasket? How much do you trust your mechanic- would it be worth taking it to another garage for a pressure test?

Good luck!

Nevillef

Comment

Dead Engine

Well guys, I call two mechanics to see the pacient, tried to start the engine and they told me it will be a new head and a cilinders rebuild.
        Oh my....

They say it was bad luck, since that kind of engine don't have thar kind of problems.

But the real problem can be found when one of the mechanics look the engine and start "digging".....

One of them is a "night-drink-eating-loving-sleeping-toyota's mechanic". The Runner is on the best hands.

Oh my....

Thanks ALL.
        Still updating you when possible.
        all the best to you.
        Jose Carlos (Charles)
        "Everybody need something. I think I need a beer..."

Comment

Working...
        X