Bl**dy cambelts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bl**dy cambelts!!!

Did mine last Saturday following a few hours of getting my cursing muscles going servicing the starter!

The new belt was REALLY tight to get on, even with the auto-tensioner whatsit compressed. Must have taken me and a neighbour a good 20 minutes to get it over the top pulley. It doesn't help that the bottom pulley is flanged so you cant get the thing on parallel, it would make more sense for the idler to be flanged really - are you listening Toyota?!...

After slapping each other on the back when we finally got the belt on, do you think we could get the allen key out of the tensioner? Could we bu**ery! That took me another 15 minutes of making WWF faces before that finally came out.

What were we doing wrong? 5 hours for a timing belt and a starter motor!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I put the belt on and then bolt on the tensioner, make sure it's all lined up and then take the pin out.

Comment

It gets easier the more you do it.

'Patience Grasshopper'
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by andy
        I put the belt on and then bolt on the tensioner, make sure it's all lined up and then take the pin out.
        ......I feel rather dumb for not thinking of that. "Doh!!!" in the words of my hero!

Comment

As Tony said it gets easier the more you do, that's if you ever need to do one.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            As Tony said it gets easier the more you do, that's if you ever need to do one.
            Well I wasn't sure whether mine had ever been done, so did it as a precautionary measure. Better safe than sorry!

Comment

I kept my knuckles and sanity and got it done for £80.
              I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Working...
              X