Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh go on
    you know you want to!
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

Comment

Mine does not have recaros. they seem to do everything and are really comfy but it don't say recaros anywhere on them.

'sound of spanner being thrown into works'
      '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
        Mine does not have recaros. they seem to do everything and are really comfy but it don't say recaros anywhere on them.

'sound of spanner being thrown into works'
        My old '93 SSR-X had excellent seats, adj lumber and side squabs, excellent seats with great support, but still not Recaros. Having had recaro's in a few cars, I reckon that these Surf seats were however easily 90% as good.

Current '96 SSR-G has lousy seats, adj lumbar, fixed sides, no support, narrow top, soft sides, just crap. Fine for short journeys apart from the lack of hold/support, but anything longer and both the missus and I emerge with tired aching backs.
        I've a set of freshly recovered Recaro's (ex Opel Kadett SR) that I just can't seem to find the time to fit. I'll have to fabricate some mountings but can't wait for the change.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

everyone says the surf has much higher spec than UK motors, but what exaxtly has it got??
          no gadgets really, mine's got lights, heater, air con, wipers, no gadgets... how are others different?
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
            everyone says the surf has much higher spec than UK motors, but what exaxtly has it got??
            no gadgets really, mine's got lights, heater, air con, wipers, no gadgets... how are others different?
            Powered drop down mirror in spoiler
            Compass
            Altimeter
            Barometer
            Adjustable Suspension
            Drop down rear window we all love

Many also have TV's and DVD systems fitted

Not necessarily lots of gadgets, but thats probably because Euro spec cars have caught up.
            10 years ago the difference was huge, other than jap imports what normal family cars came with central locking, elec windows, elec sunroof, air con, elec mirrors etc. things we all take for granted these days. (Except the sunroof, last surf had one, this one don't. Want it back Bawhaaaa)

Maurice

Comment

Is a heater in the back standard?

Comment

As far as I know it is , never had anything lower than a SSR-X and they all have one .

Comment

no
                  not in an ssr-x anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    no
                    not in an ssr-x anyway
                    there's been one in every surf I've seen
                    Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                      there's been one in every surf I've seen
                      haven't seen mine then!

Comment

Rear heater is an option on SSR-X standard on SSR-G as far as I know. Basically I know this because when I went to get a new centre console lid for mine there are two types listed for the SSR-X, one with a rear heater and one without. However it seems that most of the SSR-Xs were fitted with most of the SSR-G options anyway apart from the wood panelling and the Recaros.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                          Rear heater is an option on SSR-X standard on SSR-G as far as I know. Basically I know this because when I went to get a new centre console lid for mine there are two types listed for the SSR-X, one with a rear heater and one without. However it seems that most of the SSR-Xs were fitted with most of the SSR-G options anyway apart from the wood panelling and the Recaros.

Cheers

The Godfather has spoken
                          Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                            The Godfather has spoken
                            Yeah, respect where it's due!!!

Comment

For the last time, my SSR-G does not have a wood dash or recaros!!!!

It's got everything else though, including a flippin big sunroof

Comment

For the last time, my SSR-G does not have a wood dash or recaros!!!!

It's got everything else though, including a flippin big sunroof

found the thread... here you go!

what happaned was, all surfs are SSR. In the surf factory, there is a big bin containing the leftover letters G,X,V, and a limited supply of LTD badges, as the japanese are a resourceful people, they didn't want to waste any materials and the now obsolete "TOYOTA GXV-LTD" had a lot of leftover letters which found themselves on the back of surfs, it is like a lucky dip, the production worker sticks his hand in the "letters bin" and pulls out a letter, and sticks it on the back of the surf, if the worker pulls out three succesive matching letters, he celebrates by sticking on a LTD badge as well, if he gets 5 in a row, then the celebrations extend to include the surf , and recaro's are fitted, 8 in a row gets recaro's and a wooden dash. __________________
                                Simon '91 2.4td ssr-x
                                Last edited by dabigman; 13 November 2003, 17:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X