Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssr-x verus ssr-g

hi
    quick question i cant seem to get an answer to....
    whats the difference between a 96 n 3.0 litre TDI ssr-x and assr-g?
    its driving me mad!!!
    any thoughts gratefully recieved
    thanks
    NOGGIN: '96 3.0L TD SSR-G Electric blue...
    'Rum:so much more than a breakfast drink'!

The SSR-G should have a wood dash and will also have a mirror that folds down from the rear spoiler for reversing , but it all depends on what options were specified when the vehicle was ordered .

Comment

thanks very much
      its just that there were 2 on sale at the same price and i have assumed that the ssr-g was a higher basic spec?
      i know it sounds picky but i couldn't get a straight answer from anyone-till now!
      cheers

Comment

SSRG also has recaro bucket seats
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Not all , it was an option across the range .

Comment

you've started something now
            [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by nogginthenog
              thanks very much
              its just that there were 2 on sale at the same price and i have assumed that the ssr-g was a higher basic spec?
              i know it sounds picky but i couldn't get a straight answer from anyone-till now!
              cheers
              SSR-G should in an ideal world have a better resale value as it is a higher spec however a lot of the Surfs come with so many optional extras that it can often be difficult to tell what is an SSR-X with options and an SSR-G. The condition is much more important as that will tend to determine what it is worth rather than the spec, they are all higher spec anyway than an equivilent UK car (although the 96 onwards 3rd gen wasn't officially imported into the UK like the 2nd Gen 4Runner).

Cheers and good luck.

Comment

ok-so it appears that the ssr-g is a better bet!
                thanks to all replies

i'm quite glad coz i bought it this afternoon!

a whole new world awaits by the sound of it!!!!!!!!

Comment

The SSR-G does not always have a wood dash, (and in my opinion, looks better without it) Also, the recaro seats are in the 2nd gen ssr-g, not the 3rd. But as been said, the option mad Japanese will have millions of variations of the basic spec so it's a bit of a lottery what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
                    The SSR-G does not always have a wood dash, (and in my opinion, looks better without it) Also, the recaro seats are in the 2nd gen ssr-g, not the 3rd. But as been said, the option mad Japanese will have millions of variations of the basic spec so it's a bit of a lottery what you get.
                    As has oft been discussed on this forum, what the various spec models should have, and actually have, seems to vary wildly. Many base models will have had many of the options from the higher models fitted at purchase.
                    Main differences with the SSR-G (1996 3rd Gen) to the best of my knowledge are,

Wood trim (fake) on dash, gear lever surrounds & door switches
                    Leather Steering Wheel
                    Rear spoiler with power mirror
                    Rear wheel carrier (most lower models seem to have these too, altough officially only the SSR-G gets it)

You will often see it quoted that they have Recaro's (I wish), but as Ciaran has pointed out this is mainly in the previous model. Few 3rd Gens (96 on) seem to have them.

The debate will rage on as to the exact spec, the only thing you can say with certainty is that the G (for Gold) is the range topper, followed by the X. V's and Ltd's and various other combinations follow after that, but lets not go there now...
                    Maurice
                    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Ssr-g

Hi beeing the owner of 4 SSR-G.s for once l am not getting involved.
                      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Ha!

SSR-G Limited. Don't ask what the difference is 'cause i dont know!!
                        '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

As we're on the spec subject.....

Ive had cars with 'Recaros' in and its fairly obvious, is it as obvious in the Surfs?? as the seats i got seem to do every thing except make the tea.
                          [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

roll on friday morning and all wil be revealed
                            thanks for the info people!

Comment

Originally posted by FG.
                              Ive had cars with 'Recaros' in and its fairly obvious, is it as obvious in the Surfs?? as the seats i got seem to do every thing except make the tea.
                              Yes it'll be obvious, usual logo across the backrest, and perfect support when you sit in it.
                              Maurice
                              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                              X