Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticking rear window

Hi All
    Have just started looking at my rear window on my surf as it was judering when it goes up or down. I found that the 2 tracks that is on the bottom of the glass, one is rusted and broken. This causes the arm to come out ov the track.
    Any one know how this can be repared. Or if a new track can be brought.

Simon

Originally posted by cygun
    Hi All
    Have just started looking at my rear window on my surf as it was judering when it goes up or down. I found that the 2 tracks that is on the bottom of the glass, one is rusted and broken. This causes the arm to come out ov the track.

Simon
    I beleive you can order these parts from Toyota. Alterntivley get them from a scraper.

It's important with Surfs to pull off the back panel and spray grease (NOT WD40) on the moving parts and to clean & vaseline the window side runners every now and again (12 months).

Nevillef

Comment

Hi All

Simon
      Yes, you can get new tracks, from a toyota main dealer (about £15). They are a little tricky to fit as you have to squeeze them onto the bottom of the window; it's hard to hold it still without risking breaking it. While you have it in bits make sure to lubricate the runners preferably with silicone spray or similar.

Comment

don't use vaseline as that will degrade the rubber (petroleum based... doon't use it with condoms either!!)... get the real deal silicone lubricant for window seals.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          don't use vaseline as that will degrade the rubber (petroleum based... doon't use it with condoms either.
          Too much information.....

Nevillef

Comment

I use the old silicon spray i get from my plumbers merchant.I spray it on every couple of months or so.
            I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

rear windows

Thanks you ALL

I will get too my TOYOTA dealer and see

Simon

Comment

Thanks you ALL

I will get too my TOYOTA dealer and see

Simon
                Yesterday i decided to pull off the panel on the tailgate just for a look-see, next minute out came the copperslip , all along the chanels at the bottom as well as the geared quadrants where they contact the frame, what a difference it made , the window goes up a LOT smoother and quicker now , its such an easy job to do it should be one of the regular service jobs. I shall now go and hang my head in shame --- i er - um -- er washed it as well (the whole car not just the window! ) .

Comment

Working...
                X